Friday, June 23, 2006

JOY

The art of joy
is having a love affair with life.
It is embracing life, drawing close to you
all the beauty and wonder and goodness
of the universe

It is having a heart aglow with
warmth for all your companions on the
journey of life.

It is an expression of inner music
it is radiating joy as does a band of
musicians marching down the street.

It is a blend of laughter and tears.
often it is the deep joy that comes to you
through the mist
of the years
as you recall tender memories
of joyous days gone by.

It is sharing
your joy.
the joyous person
seems to be
plugged into the sun itself.

Joy is love bubbling forth into life.

12 comments:

  1. Love the marching band illusion!
    Here's to your internal band; play on, loud and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The art of joy
    is having a love affair with life"

    Beautiful poem and such a true statement. Thanks for stopping by to see the foxes

    ReplyDelete
  3. rick,
    Thanks.I will keep the internal
    music going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phil,
    Thank you... I will stop by your blog again... loved that
    picture of the fox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful poem. This poem made me happy and jouful! So uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You said: "The art of joy
    is having a love affair with life."
    Indeed Margie. Indeed.

    Poetry is a nice way to express our joy. Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW...I added you to my blogroll. Please feel free to do the same, if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi don,
    Yes, poetry is a very nice way
    to express our joy.
    I wiil add you to my blogroll.
    I have to tell you I am not
    much at computers. My husband
    set up this blog for me... and
    I will have to get his help
    in adding others to my
    blogroll. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful poem here. Love the feelings it brings for me. the sun just came out here. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
    »

    ReplyDelete

Each day comes
bearing its own gifts ...
Untie the ribbons.

-Ruth Ann Schabacker