Thursday, June 29, 2006

SUNSHINE

Well, it was a very interesting evening here in my part of the world.
We had a power outage from 6:00 PM till 11:30 PM
So, I lit plenty of candles... it was actually very peaceful.
The only thing I disliked about the darkness was that I could not read,
as I always read every evening.
Here, it is 12:35 AM. .. and I am not the slightest bit tired...
I also slept some during the power outage. Sleep is always good.
I am going to post something to make me(and, hopefully others also)happy... as, I went to another site and read a post that made me quite sad.
Here is my poem....nothing earthshaking though.

Sunshine

Sunshine makes you feel so good
It makes you want to smile...
The bright light of its tender rays...
Runs around all day and plays...
Sunshine... Sunshine... how I love it so!
If the sun does ever go... I hope it goes very slow...
Sunshine heats the earth all day...
I hope it doesn't stay away.

In the morning... sunshine comes as bright...
As bright can be...
Brightness...
For you and me...
Then at night...
It goes away...
To light another day.

10 comments:

  1. Heres to bright and sunshiny days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem. when I wake up its the sunshine that makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you were up late last night too, huh? I couldn't sleep, but if I'd posted what I was thinking at say, 2 a.m., well, it'd not been my style, let's just leave it at that. :)

    I'm longing so much for rain, that I'm almost mad at your poem, lol. Good stuff though. You never let us down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WONDERFUL!!
    You write very beautifully!!
    Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it A LOT! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been experiencing several consecutive rainy days here in Boston. It actually feels more like spring (with added humidity). There's nothing like the sun waking you up in the morning. It feels so natural. Loved your poem, makes me want to move somewhere sunny, although we appreciate it so much more when the sun finally peeks out from the clouds :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. choices,
    And, here's to the rain also.
    We need rain here... too much
    sun. Send us some of all the
    rain you are having there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. starry nights,
    Thanks for stopping by.
    glad you liked my poem.
    It is nice to wake up to
    the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. kathi,
    yeah, was up late last night.
    you too... huh?
    I can be quite an night-owl.
    I do a lot of writing during
    those hours.
    awwww... don't be mad at my
    poem... I want the rain so badly
    also. I wrote another poem about
    Rain and Sunshine later on today.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. jon,
    Thanks for the kind words.
    Come by again.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. robyn,
    Thanks for the nice comments.
    always happy to see you here.
    So you are having lots of
    rain too....and, we need the
    rain here so very badly.
    I do love the sun... the rain
    also... but, not when it
    causes flooding.
    Take care.
    " Hope the sun will come
    out tommorrow"

    ReplyDelete

Each day comes
bearing its own gifts ...
Untie the ribbons.

-Ruth Ann Schabacker