Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Mechanical Contrivium: Margie

I got this from Velu's site. It is rather interesting! Try it!


Ten Top Trivia Tips about Margie!

  1. Most bottles and jars contain at least twenty-five percent recycled margie!
  2. US gold coins used to say 'In margie we trust'.
  3. Michelangelo finished his great statue of margie in 1504, after eighteen months work.
  4. The air around margie is superheated to about five times the temperature of the sun.
  5. The Vikings believed that the Northern lights were caused by margie as she rode out to collect warriors slain in battle.
  6. The only planet that rotates on its side is margie!
  7. Astronauts get taller when they are in margie!
  8. Margie was first grown in America by the grandmother Maria Ann Smith, from whom her name comes.
  9. Half a cup of margie contains only seventeen calories.
  10. Research indicates that margie will be attracted to people who have recently eaten bananas.




Consult the Contrivium


I am interested in



Do tell me about




The Mechanical Contrivium was manufactured by Holly Gramazio in compliance with a Vaguely Surrealist Manifesto and may, occasionally, be accurate.








16 comments:

  1. This is what i got... deym, im already extinct and i am no longer served on american airlines :(

    Ten Top Trivia Tips about Ari4u!

    1. While performing her duties as queen, Cleopatra sometimes dressed up as ari4u.
    2. There are more than two hundred different kinds of ari4u!
    3. Only one child in twenty will be born on the day predicted by ari4u.
    4. American Airlines saved forty thousand dollars a year by eliminating ari4u from each salad served in first class!
    5. All gondolas in Venice must be painted black unless they belong to ari4u!
    6. Ari4u was declared extinct in 1902!
    7. The porpoise is second to ari4u as the most intelligent animal on the planet.
    8. The fingerprints of ari4u are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene!
    9. Two thirds of the world's eggplant is grown in ari4u.
    10. Ancient Chinese artists would never paint pictures of ari4u.



    Have a nice weekend. :s

    ReplyDelete
  2. ari~
    Gosh, sorry to hear that bad news!
    # 7 is good though!
    And I love eggplant!
    I am so lucky... as half a cup of me contains only 17 calories!
    As for those astronauts??????
    Eaten any bananas lately?
    Funny Stuff!!!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hoot! Thanks poetic friend Margie.

    May the light of the Saturday moon stir you in your deepest spot from where all arises. And may whatever arises kiss the truth resting quietly on the pillow you sleep.It is from there your poetry and all else of importance springs forth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome Don!
    A little humor adds a lot to my
    day.That's why I added this.
    I was laughing so hard when I
    saw the results! Funny stuff!
    Wow! Those words of yours are quite stirring!Beautiful words!
    Thank you!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughter is the best medicine...I will still be laughing tomorrow ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. plus~
    I am so glad to know you will still be laughing tomorrow.
    Me too... whenever I read this I cannot help breaking out in laughter.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Samuru, your page looks awesome.. Colorfullllll!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was very funny, margie. I looked up my name and it made me laugh as well.
    Pretty Pink!! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol... my wife thinks i am bananas all the time... :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. priya~
    Thanks hon... I like it much better now too...it was too dull for me!
    Take care!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. choices~
    Funny stuff!
    Was yours as nutty as mine?
    I like my blog in pretty pink...
    I am pretty in pink!
    I am wearing pink today!
    Take care sweetie!
    Margie:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ari~
    I am sure your wife knows you very
    well... so you really must be
    bananas... all the time!
    Take care!
    margie:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ari~
    I meant to say I was only kidding
    about you being bananas!

    Margie:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha... yeah, she thinks i am a ten year old kid gone bonkers :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. ari~
    that is funny!
    A ten year old kid gone bonkers...
    really?
    Take care!
    Margie:)

    ReplyDelete

Each day comes
bearing its own gifts ...
Untie the ribbons.

-Ruth Ann Schabacker