
The body ages ... not the heart
it stays forever young
expanding to embrace new loves
it's song is never sung.
Tomorrow I may love still more
than in my yesterdays
life knocks upon the waiting door
outside new music plays.
Love springs unbidden to the heart
a stranger, now a friend
and on a day till then grey dull
loom futures without end.
The mind can furnish countless joys
the body plays its part
but life has no conspiracy
to age a loving heart.
it stays forever young
expanding to embrace new loves
it's song is never sung.
Tomorrow I may love still more
than in my yesterdays
life knocks upon the waiting door
outside new music plays.
Love springs unbidden to the heart
a stranger, now a friend
and on a day till then grey dull
loom futures without end.
The mind can furnish countless joys
the body plays its part
but life has no conspiracy
to age a loving heart.
Beautiful Margie. Thank you for sharing your heart here.
ReplyDeleteGoodlife.
Margie,
ReplyDeleteWow! How true this is! I now am am firm believer that the heart is forever young!!!! You can fall in love at any age.
Anne
How beautiful, Margie!
ReplyDeleteI agree with every word. I am having more fun now than when I was younger. Life gets better even though body gets older. I never worried about old age, gray hair etc, everything is welcome and adds to the charm of life! :))
how true this is...no matter what storms the heart weathers it has a resiliency and capacity to grow ever deeper and bigger...ageless...timeless...
ReplyDeletebeautiful poetry...lovely heart
That' really wonderful. True words crafted together so artfully. Thanks Margie.
ReplyDeleteSo true Margie, nothing can age a lovely heart.I just loved this poem.Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletebeautifully put!
ReplyDeleteA heart kept young n free never dies.
HUGS Angel!
Keshi.
Yes a loving heart is eternal - how beautifully you wrote this Margie!
ReplyDeleteI love that line:
"It's song is never sung."
The photo is a perfect accompaniment to your words.
This is interesting- there's a sort of connection with the tanka that I just posted and your poem here...
ReplyDeleteI tried to comment last night Margie but something wrong with my connection ;(
ReplyDeleteAnyway...my body & mind didn't age coz I kept reminding myself I have to drop my and enjoy yet another beautiful poem :)
Yeah, I did enjoy and that was super cool. I guess, I really have to cope up with them and I realized that avoiding them is not good at all. I know and I hope it will. Thank you! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a good day, Margie! :D
-cez
Hi Robert
ReplyDeleteAlways grateful for your visits & kind comments!
Thanks very much!
You are welcome.
__________________________________
Thank you, Magiceye.
___________________________________
Hi Anne
Yes, the heart can remain forever young.
Thanks for your visit & comment.
___________________________________
Hello Asha
Thank you for the kind words on my poem.
And, I'm with you on life getting better as we age.
Nothing to be afraid of!
_________________________________
Hi Joanne & welcome
Yes, the heart has a capacity to weather all the storms of life & grow deeper & bigger.
I appreciate your kind remarks.
Thanks very much,
_________________________________
Thanks so much, Art!
Most welome.
________________________________
Hi Starry
I'm very glad you loved my poem.
Thank you very much & I'm happy to share.
__________________________________
Hey Keshi
ReplyDeleteYes, a heart kept young n free never dies.
Thanks very much,
HUGZ hun.
___________________________________
Hello Janice
I really like that line too.
Your kind words are appreciated.
Thanks so much.
_________________________________
I did see the sort of connection, Andrew.
I liked your tanka.
Thanks for visiting.
__________________________________
Hello Shionge
I'm very glad your connection worked today & you were able to comment & what a sweet comment.
Thank you, my friend.
__________________________________
Hi Cez
I'm glad for you.
You are welcome.
And you have a good day, too.