
All the way to the north end of town
over the dunes and down
to our rock cliff with spruce trees growing right on the beach ...
over the dunes and down
to our rock cliff with spruce trees growing right on the beach ...
"This is our Magic Beach"
she would tell us as children
while we'd sit in the calm and peace
at the end of the beach
with our sack of oranges
and our beautiful mother
resting her head against against the logs in the sun.
Aaah.that was a nice one, Margie :)
ReplyDeleteA very life-like image..
wishes,
devika
hey, you've been busy! :)
ReplyDeleteas always, your poems are food for soul
always beautiful
ReplyDeletehugs
Margie,
ReplyDeleteWow! This poem beautifully describes a wonderful and happy childhood memory! It brought tears to my eyes.
Beautifully written memory Margie, really like the way you laid this out.. :)
ReplyDeleteAh those childhood memories - what a delightful poem Margie.
ReplyDeleteI like the different structures you're using for your poetry.It's neat trying something different isn't it.
took me back in years!
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL.
Keshi.
wow....awesome with beautiful wordings :)..
ReplyDeleteurs..hemu..
I would love to visit this magic beach :D
ReplyDeleteawww Im glad u wore those earrings and received some wonderful compilments too!
ReplyDeleteEven a simple stone wud look like a diamond when word by beautiful ppl.
*HUGZ*
Keshi.
so beautiful...and it brings back wonderful memories of days spent at the beach with my family...we loved to eat grapes at the beach!
ReplyDeleteI love the "feel" of this- brings back memories, even though they're not mine. :)
ReplyDeleteMargieeeeeeee
ReplyDeleteSic sic sic
ReplyDeletethese passes by women on women
wasted passes
pass me one K
the warmth in it was lovely!
ReplyDeleteDunes and Down. Love the sound of it..
ReplyDeleteHi Devika
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for the nice comment!
__________________________________
Yes, a little busy since I've been back.
Thank you so much, Polona!
"Food for soul" I like that!
___________________________________
Hello Kai
Thanks very much!
Hugs!
___________________________________
Hi Anne
Happy childood memories are the best kind of memories.
Thanks so much, my friend!
And soon you will be starting a new life making some beautiful mamories of your own!
I'm so thrilled for you!
__________________________________
Hello Eric
Thanks so much for the very nice comment.
I appreciate it!
Did this one a little bit differently from my other poems.
__________________________________
Hi Janice
Yes, it's neat trying something different with the structure and you noticed the difference.
Thanks so much for the kind words!
__________________________________
Thanks very much, Keshi!
__________________________________
Hello Hemu
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the nice comment!
_________________________________
It's a truly magical place, Betty!
I have not been there in a while but my heart always goes back quite often.
Thank you, my friend!
___________________________________
Love those earrings, Keshi and wear them often.
You are sweet!
((HUGS))
__________________________________
Hello Joanne
Those kind of memories are precious!
You ate grapes at the beach with your family and I ate oranges with mine.
Thanks very much for your kind comment!
__________________________________
Thanks so much, Andrew!
__________________________________
Hello Jimmmmy:):):)
__________________________________
Hi magiceye
I appreciate your kind words.
Thanks so much!
__________________________________
Hello gautami
Thank you very much!
Makes me want to take my shoes off. Very good Margie!!
ReplyDeleteThat's very beautiful, Margie.
ReplyDeleteHi Margie,
ReplyDeleteThanks for passing by. Not felt like doing anything ... under the circumstances
I love this poem. We all have a place ... a special place to be.
A walk on a deserted beach.
hugs for you
Im so glad you are back!
Hi Pat
ReplyDeleteI liked your comment!
Thanks very much!
Hello Aurora
ReplyDeleteWhat a pleasant surprise it is to see you here.
I hope all is going well for you.
I know you are very busy with Magnapoets.
Thank you so very much for visiting and your kind comment!
Take care and all my very best wishes to you for much success and joy in your life.
You are missed in the blogging world!
Dear Marie
ReplyDeleteI do hope you are on the mend.
Take good care of yourself!
Thank you so much for your visit & kind words!
Hugs for you!
Oh, I love this one! Very special ideed.
ReplyDeleteHello Shayla and welcome!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to know you enjoyed it.
Many thanks to on your kind words!
Margie