Magic is the sun rising high
in the eastern sky
to sink in brazen glory
in the golden west.
It's the secret guarded well
that daisies won't tell
as they nod their happy heads in jest.
Magic is the free
flowing waters of the sea-
gulls overhead
wings spread in flight.
It's a glistening star
viewed from afar
shining o'er the world through the night.
Magic is the slow birth
of sweet Mother Earth
from the seedlet to the rose's bloom.
It's a pattern without reason
for every changing season
intricately woven on
Mother Nature's loom.
Magic is the wild
carefree mind of a child
as she runs 'neath laughing skies of blue.
But, more importantly
at least, it is to me
Magic is the wonder
of my love for you!
_________________________________________
This picture was taken on a visit to Palm Springs, CA.
last October. Newport Beach was truly Magical!
WoW! So nice to see you posting on your poetry site again, Margie! I LOVE this poem ~ one of your best!
ReplyDelete"It's the secret guarded well
that daisies won't tell
as they nod their happy heads in jest."
"Magic is the slow birth of sweet Mother Earth from the seedlet to the rose's bloom.
It's a pattern without reason
for every changing season
intricately woven on
Mother Nature's loom."
Especially loved these lines but the entire poem is truly *beautiful* and *magical*
Perfect title and photo! Thanks for sharing with us :-) x0x
love is a magical thing...as is that slow birth of nature...i think there is much we can learn there. for sure...
ReplyDeleteso beautiful Each and every line is so deep.
ReplyDeleteIt's true magical when the heart speaks! :) Like what I'm reading it here now, it's so wonderful, indeed a magic that comes from within hearth :) Thank you ! I love it! :)
ReplyDeleteYour poem is magical, I was there with you full of hope the photo is magnificent and you are a true poet....
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful!
ReplyDelete~Smiles~
What a beautiful, uplifting poem! Just gorgeous, and your photo is lovely! I'm seeing a lot of poetry today as I visit the blogs in my feed...it must be the month of January which is causing so much inner reflection. Have a wonderful day~~
ReplyDeleteMay your new year be the very best Margie!
ReplyDeleteTea
xox
Wonderful, magical words Margie and you look so good! Great photo.
ReplyDeleteNovel is going great, just taking a short trip around blogland today. Glad I stopped in.
BTW, if you can send anymore Facebook votes Cheddar's way, they would be appreciated. He's in the lead but there's still over a week to go. Thanks!!!
Many hugs, G :<)
Truly magical! I so so agree
ReplyDeleteAlso, send me your fB or twitter handle
ReplyDeleteHi Margie, I love this poem! Nature is indeed magical and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a nice holiday!
Lydia
Margie, I love this poem sooooooooooooooo much!!! Beautiful my friend!! And, I love the picture of you too ;o) Hugs ;o)
ReplyDeleteYou are magic ! Loved the poem so much Margie and you look cute in the picture.Have a great weekend.Hugs :):)
ReplyDeleteI love this poem Margie, magic is indeed the emotions that flow from the heart to your words via the pen.. well done my friend.. :)
ReplyDeleteIt takes someone who is magical to see the magic. This is gorgeous, Margie. And daisies are my absolute favorite flowers "happy heads" - that's them exactly!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderfully uplifting poem and great shot! Truly magical.
ReplyDeleteOh Margie this poem is beautiful and so you.....so good to be reading your poems again....Hugs
ReplyDeleteAnd magic is you my friend who show love, compassion and caring for the world and bring good by touching us with that feeling regularly.
ReplyDeleteGoodlife my friend.
Magic is one of my favourite subjects. Your poem is magical, Margie, so glad you're writing again! "Magic is the wild carefree mind of a child"...after playing with my grandkids during the holidays, I completely agree.
ReplyDeleteI love the photo...Palm Springs is magical, too, in my opinion! xx
You can feel that magic through your words, the magic is Wonder
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteLots of wonderful lines in this lovely poem.
ReplyDeleteI really like the idea of mother nature's loom.
A magic poem which brightens up my day. So much magic all around us and the magic of love is indeed the greatest wonder
ReplyDeleteYour sweet little poem makes us aware of the magic in our daily life: sunrise, sunset,blooming of a rose, a shining star, love..
ReplyDeleteAnd you Margie look magical on that magical beach in the top photo.
You capture the essence of life, the poetry of nature and mankind. Thanks for sharing. Have a good 2012 and thanks for always being my friend. Hugs, Paula
ReplyDeleteYour lines are magical... Isn't the feeling of love magical,when there is love in the air our whole perspective towards life changes.
ReplyDeleteLove the picture that you've posted.
Dear Margie, what an absolutely poignantly expressed *joie de vivre*, in words and image.;)
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely Monday,
xoxo
Dear bloggy friends ...
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to have visits from all of you!
My heart feels joy from all of you and your wonderful comments.
My poem was entitled Magic and your comments are that too, magical!
Thank you, so much ...
Fiona
Brian
izdiher
Sagittarian
Lorraine
Anne
Sherri
Tea
Geraldine
Neers
Lydia
Stacy
Kavita
Eric
Talon
ladyfi
Bernie
Robert
Marion
trinitystar
catherine
sandy
Marja
Duta
Paula
Ariel and
Zuzana ...
I wish all of you a wonderful day and wonderful week!
May joy encompass your lives!
Love
Margie :)
Hello Margie.
ReplyDeleteYour expressions are simply beautiful, as are you in the lovely photo. What a gorgeous beach...so deserted (just the way I like it). Perfect place for some poetic reflection (smile).
Thanks for sharing & visiting. Always a pleasure to hear from you.
Have a great weekend, my dear!
Harp Of My Soul
Whata wonderful photo of you. I realized that I missed the whole month of Dec and NOv here.
ReplyDeletei forgot to say this poem is
ReplyDeleteM A G I C A L