Hush, you darling little thing
listen closely while I sing
'Bout the sandman who will call
when you into sleep shall fall
First, he'll give you sleepy-dust
when your travel, sleep you must
Then he'll take you in his arms
show you all the dreamland charms
You shall have a hurried look
on the folks in story-book
How they play and romp and run
you have never seen such fun
You shall see old mother goose
with her goslings running loose
all about a great big pond
'bout which geese are very fond
Then you'll see the jumping cow
try to figure out just how
she could jump so very high
o'er the moon up in the sky
Then, dear, try to solve the riddle
'bout the cat that played the fiddle
Next in line, the lazy spoon
whom the dish outran too soon
Taste Miss Muffet's curds and whey
she was eating on that day
then the spider came to call
she forgot to eat them all
After you have seen this jumble
tell the sandman not to stumble
over Humpty's wall but see
that he brings you right back to me!

Gorgeous picture of your 'Rose' and a lovely poem/song for her innocent mind and spirit to hear. Glorious.
ReplyDeleteLove Gail
peace....
ha. this is wonderful...you gave me a big smile...and i know she adores it...i caught the tune straight away and floated on through...might need a nap now though...smiles...
ReplyDeleteThank you, Margie, for visiting my blog today. What a lovely post here. I am reminded of childhood lullabies!
ReplyDeleteWow how fantastic, you did this so wonderfully and gosh can she be any cuter, a future cuddler she must adore her grandma ,cause she is an angel x
ReplyDeleteEARN UPTO 100 $ PER DAY WITH YHIS LEGIT SITE WITHOUT INVESTMENT.....JOIN THIS PROGRAM FOR FREE HERE....http://tinyurl.com/mwrwm63
ReplyDeletehow perfectly adorable!
ReplyDeleteMargie, let me just say simply this:
ReplyDelete__Rose is a very Lovely and Lucky young Lady! _m
i'll have a better poem for you in the morning...smiles.
ReplyDeleteOh Margie here you go again with your wonderful little ditty for your sweet Rose. You are the Grandma we all longed for as children. How blessed she is to have you so close by and who feels such love. Love you both, xo
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful Margie! I have to say, I see you in Rose! I love the picture ;o) Big Hugs ;o)
ReplyDeleteAlso forgot how magical your writing is, I'M glad you're back at it
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh, it has been forever!! lovely poem and so nice to see you out and about!! xx
ReplyDeleteAs we shuffle about, shift around, come and go, old friends round the bend to say hi. So many have left the blogs but we remain.
ReplyDeleteYou write nice poetry.
So heartfelt, Margie! I enjoyed this post. :)
ReplyDeleteHey what a sweetie pie and you make me 'jumping for joy' as I read your post coz they are my all time favourite :) It brought back fond memories when I read them to my daughters when they were little girl :D
ReplyDeleteWhat a joyful verse!
ReplyDeleteMargie, this is completely charming and completely beautiful. Rose is so lucky to have a Grandma like you!
ReplyDeleteIndeed a THANK YOU for such ventures of delight... Your ROSE, a bloom of beauty...
ReplyDeletehave a fun week! smiles...
ReplyDeletesee you soon...
So many kind words from so many kind people.
ReplyDeleteI so appreciate all of you taking the time to visit and leave a comment.
Thank you all so very much!
I'm on vacation in the mountains this week with my husband and I shall reply to each of you later on.
Take care.
Love
Margie
wow wonderful poem and adorable granddaughter!
ReplyDeleteMargie, you must be "one most wonderful MOM" ...and Rose--so cute--must be "one fortunate little kid"
ReplyDeleteThe joys and thrills and visions of delight come alive anew ... Thank You for the smiles and the love so beautifully conveyed to your most special ROSE.
ReplyDeleteHi Margie,
ReplyDeleteRose is just beautiful and she's blessed to have a sweet grandmother like you.
Have a great night.