Why in books do lovers sleep like spoons
as though one life could curl so close
against another
sleep without the turning of a leg
the cramping of an arm?
no spoon would have your neck
your ears to tickle with the warmth of breath
your shoulders waiting to be hugged
until you turn to catch the lips
that linger on your back
thrust all thoughts of sleep
into a drawer with silver spoons ~
photo is from pxleyes.com
photo is from pxleyes.com
.jpg)
So beautiful, Margie...those spoons, like lovers who fit together so perfectly that it feels like they were made for each other.
ReplyDeleteOh, if only life could always be like this for us...xxx
What to say what to say a genius at play! what you do with words, is magical and well you know....Oh La La Angel x
ReplyDeleteLoved this. Margie. Yes, we start out spooning, but eventually you have to drift apart...because, as you say, you end up cramping. Still, that closeness lingers with us...carries us through our days.
ReplyDeleteI love the composition with all I've seen and have read here my friend.
ReplyDeleteha. yes there is a time to put the spoons away and roll over...lol....cool write...there is something closer than spoons...but as talon says we travel around hte bed a bit giving space and taking it...
ReplyDeleteBeautiful words and thoughts here, Margie...you have given me something to think about and this is good~
ReplyDeleteHugs~
They fit together — those spoons
ReplyDeleteoccupying space
intimately, intentionally
side by side
like two lovers
resting,
sleeping,
embracing one another —
as if
they had always
belonged like
that.
Blessings and Bear hugs.
Just read your excellent poem for the 3rd time and was again reminded of the theme of Shakespeare's Sonnet 130: "My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun..." I like yours better!
ReplyDeleteBoa noite,
ReplyDeletePerfeito! A colocação de cada palavra é excelente na construção criativa do lindo poema.
ag
Margie, this is such a beautiful poem! I love your metaphors, they are amazing!
ReplyDeleteLovers sleep like spoons.... This is about our intimacy, the most precious moment filled with trust, and comfort and about a feeling that you and your beloved are one world, one universe.
Margie, you are a beautiful poet!!!!
What a lovely poem!
ReplyDeleteYour charming poem reminds me of the love spoon trdition in Scotland and Wales (England).
ReplyDeleteThe love spoon made of wood or pewter with heart ornaments,is very popular as a romantic gift, as it symbolizes eternal love.
So sweet and beautiful poem..... but me and hubby won't be sleeping soundly for sure heheheh...
ReplyDeleteHello Margie,
ReplyDeleteI'm visiting here from Rob Bear's.
Very nice poem: sensual, soothing, and relaxing.
Olá,
ReplyDeleteVenho agradecer a simpática visita ás minhas fotos.
ag
So sensual and utterly brilliant!
ReplyDeletesensual and thought provoking, just wonderful! and I especially love the image to go with it... xx
ReplyDeleteAmazing writing and so funny made me laugh, will always be thinking of those 2 spoons now! If you wold like to visit me back I'm at http://www.astartemoonblog.com/, blessings, Alison
ReplyDeleteBeautiful poem. I love the feelings it evokes. Just lovely...
ReplyDeleteThis is so romantic and loving! Beautiful poem my friend ;o)
ReplyDeleteLove the poetry and the imagery.
ReplyDeleteI love your "turning of the word", Margie. True when lovers "sleep" together--who SLEEPS?
ReplyDeleteI have been following your poetry for years, and I think this is my very favorite one.
ReplyDeleteHello Ygraine, many thanks for the visit and kind words.
ReplyDeletexx
Hi Lorraine, well, I have never thought of myself in that way, I just write the words but how kind you are to think of me like that.
Thank you.
And, oh la la .... haha.
xx
Hello Kim, so glad to know you loved my poem and I concur on what you said about the closeness lingering with us and carrying us through our days.
Thank you.
Lon, thank you.
Brian, here's to rolling over ... Lol
Thanks for liking my poem.
Jan, thank you and I'm wondering what I gave you to think about, hope it was something good!
Hugs
Rob-Bear, I like your verse, nice!
Blessings to you.
Geo, I am completely in awe of your comment.
I think that has to been of of the most wonderful comments I have ever received.
Thank you so very much.
To be compared to Shakespeare's Sonnet 130 and to have you like my poem better is astounding to me!
Existe Sempre Un Lugar, gracias
Kaya, how very kind you are, I appreciate your comment so much.
Thank you.
Martha, many thanks.
Duta, I think I would love that love spoon, so utterly charming!
Thank you for the visit and kind words.
Shionge (Betty) thank you and LOL on not sleeping soundly.
Sleeping is so over rated...hehe!
Anita, thank you for the visit and kind words.
ladyfi, how very kind, thank you.
Cat, your lovely comment means a lot, thank you.
xx
Alison, thank you.
I guess it was the spoons that gave you a laugh.
Lisa, many thanks.
So glad you enjoyed my poem.
Stacy, thank you, dear.
Joyful, I appreciate that.
Thank you.
Steve, you made me laugh.
Yes, who SLEEPS (well, lovers should not ...LOL )
So glad you liked this.
Thank you.
Tom, my goodness, that is indeed a lovely comment.
You honor me.
Thank you.
All of you are greatly appreciated for the visits.
Wishing you all joy on this day!
Love
Margie
I like your turn of words here, Margie. Too HOT to sleep "spooned" but a nice snuggle often makes it just warm enough.
ReplyDeleteRomantic but also brought about feelings of encouragement that we all need, with holding a loved one so close.
ReplyDeletewow how romantic and touching (literally) You are such a creative and sensitive person
ReplyDeleteWow, brilliant writing!
ReplyDeleteAnd the Spoon ran Away with the knife or was it the fork oh maaaaaaaaaaan
ReplyDeletelol ps old MacDonald's (no, not had a farm) but McDonald's used to have a commercial and it always ended and the spoon ran way with the fork oh yeah that's the one!!!
i love this, thanks for visiting Sugarloaf Mountain today
ReplyDeleteAnd Lutz, MK Outlet D. And Maciejewski, W. And Mller Snchez, F. AbstractThe publication of dramatic texts designed initially to be performed on stage requires a form of Nike Air Force 1 Cheap Outlet translation from one medium to another. While a play in manuscript might be subject to modification in the rehearsal stage, a printed version is intended to preserve the text in a more fixed form. Yet the printing of Jordan Shoes For Sale Ray Ban Outlet his works allowed them to travel beyond the bounds of Paris and France.
ReplyDeleteAbstractRespiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is the cause of one fifth of Coach Bags Clearance all lower respiratory tract infections worldwide and is increasingly Cheap Nike Air Force 1 being recognized as a serious threat to patient groups with poorly functioning immune systems. Our Cheap Yeezy Shoes Sale approach to finding a novel inhibitor of New Air Jordan Shoes this virus was to screen a 20000 member diverse library in a whole cell XTT assay. Parallel assays were carried out in the absence of virus in order to quantify any associated cell toxicity.