I told myself that day we met
"Now you be smart
he's one to fill the eyes and yet
he's not the one to fill your heart."
"He's much too handsome and much too grand
too many girls will find him fair
and if you once let go his hand
he'll have too many waiting there."
"Choose some more likely, lesser lad
whose smile's as bright but not so bold." I told myself these things. I'm glad
I never do as I am told!
_____________________________________
He is still as handsome today as the "Day we met"
This photo was taken in Feb on our Cancun trip.
I am taking the rest of the summer off from blogging
as I have so much to do and it's all wonderful.
Heading to Scotland at the end of July for a week :)
Have a wonderful summer dear blogger friends
Miss you all ... see you in September ...
Take good care and be happy!
Margie
xo
Hi Margie - great poetic share of following your heart. Wonderful.
ReplyDeleteLove Gail
peace....
Lovely poem, Margie, and fun to read. Best wishes for your summer! I'll look forward to September.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see a post from you, Margie...I missed you. As always, you did not disappoint me with your lovely poem. :)
ReplyDeleteLovely poem from a very lovely lady, who found and married her handsome prince.
ReplyDeleteI'll miss you over the summer but what a wonderful and magickal place you will be visiting. Bring back photos to share :)
Lots of Love and Hugs
xoxoxo
Hi Margie, you have your soul mate :) beautiful poem, have a wonderful time in Scotland, it's a beautiful place! happy summer holidays :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful love story and wonderful poem. Enjoy Scotland. x
ReplyDeleteWonderful poem, Margie! I hope you have a great summer!
ReplyDeleteOh Margie, what a sweet and beautiful poem! I hope you have a wonderful summer! He seems like a wonderful man.
ReplyDeleteAnd you of course are so clearly wonderful too and I'm thrilled you two are happy together!
DeleteEnjoy a fantastic summer with that wonderful man of yours. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteAw, so lovely! Enjoy the summer. You have been truly missed in the blogging world. See you in September!
ReplyDeleteHahaha - love your poem, Margie, and that great photo. I've missed you, too. Have a safe, happy summer!
ReplyDeleteSo that's why! i get that , and of course he would choose no others... See you in Sept! have Handsome take a lot of photos....xo
ReplyDeleteSometimes it is so hard to believe we are as lucky as we are,
ReplyDeleteand we feel we must live up to that love,
and it can be very daunting ---
for those that overcome that fear
great love awaits
ha! you little...angel you beat me by a day oh the nerves, have a good time lolxo
ReplyDeletelove the poem and enjoy Scotland (i envy your trip)...
ReplyDeleteHe as handsome as he is, would only choose the fairest and sweetest...and he did, ;) have a good time off
ReplyDeleteOh such a beautifully moving poem, dear Margie...genuinely touched my heart.
ReplyDeleteHave a Wonderful summer, and I can't wait for your return!
Much Love & Hugs xoxoxo
Love the poem and the picture! Have a wonderful summer Margie! :D
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your time away!
ReplyDeleteHi Margie! Thanks for your sweet note, and for your lovely photo of your handsome husband and you. What a fun couple you are, and have a relationship many would envy.
ReplyDeleteHave a restful time away, and SCOTLAND??? What fun! Are you Scotch by heritage? In any case, have a wonderful time. And Happy Father's Day to your hubby :)
Ceil
Travel safely, Margie and enjoy! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Margie, have done a special prayer blessing for you and yours for all your travels just now.
ReplyDeleteGoodlife my friend.
See you in September, See you when the weather starts to change, will I see you in September or lose you to a summer love, damn it come back, It's lovely xoxoxo have a ball lol
ReplyDeleteMargie,
ReplyDeleteLoved the love in your poem. So pleased you went with your hearts true desire. I hope you will have a lovely time in Scotland Margie. Enjoy your summer of happinesses. I'm busy with travel and family too at present.
Best wishes,
Eileen xx
Hi Margie, how are you? I know it has been a while. I'm somehow back. :) Enjoy the summer. Hope to hear from you soon.
ReplyDeleteCan't do it but they won't let me in my old one so new one: http://iamlwithoutyou.blogspot.ca/
ReplyDeletechanged site name to : http://photographl.blogspot.ca/
ReplyDeletejust enjoyed reading ur beautiful mesmerizing poem:)
ReplyDeleteHey Margie, if you're in Aberdeen, Scotland please visit The Old Town House, Union Street, Aberdeen any afternoon, Monday to Friday to say 'Hello'. I work in The Old Town House in Aberdeen as the receptionist. Best wishes. :-)
ReplyDelete@margie: i felt from ur poem that ur old romantic spark is stil burning inside u........never let it burn out........light it with ur smile..........
ReplyDeletehope you're feeling better and will come back soon, I miss you so...xoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteOh How I hope you feel better, my fever is finally gone and i DON'T feel so wonky, or out of my mind with cold and flu, etc, please come back, if you feel better, I miss you so much, please xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDeletelovely! lovely!! lovely!!! as with all your write ups, wish you all the very best my friend, hugz!
ReplyDeleteWonderful poem about your handsome man Good to follow your heart :)
ReplyDeleteAll my best wishes to you, Margie. Thanks for all those perfect smiles, those encouraging comments. I miss you.
ReplyDeleteDear people
ReplyDeleteI thank you all for the visits and kind words!
You all touched my heart!
Love
Margie
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete