We are always searching fot the things in life to make us happy... and very often
it is all right there
at our own back door.
Make Me Content
Make me contented...
with each day that dawns anew...
when morning sunrise sets the world aglow...
let me find inspiration in those things so near to me...
That a simple life is all I want to know.
Make me contented...
may my heart forget to yearn...
for faces new or far and distant shores...
but let me find my happiness in sweet and simple things...
and know the sun shines brightest at my own back door.
I love that last line, that we should always appreciate the 'sun' at our door.
ReplyDeleteThat was beautiful..Make me contented with each day that dawns anew..simply awesome.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully said. A good reminder to us all. Thanks!
ReplyDeletei agree
ReplyDeletethanks 4 sharing...
& thanks 4 ur comment....
i really need sunshine...
i'm tired of rain
It's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI love the days when you wake up saying "Yes! I have another day."
thank u
ReplyDeleteThank you choices...yes,I also
ReplyDeletebelieve it's important not to
take things for granted.
kathi,
ReplyDeleteThat is my favorite line in this poem also.
starry nights,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind comments.
don,
ReplyDeleteThanks.I appreciate you stopping
by to read my poem.
Thank you kai.
ReplyDeleteallison,
ReplyDeleteWelcome to my blog.
Happy to know this poem
inspired you.
frida,
ReplyDeleteThank you.
Thanks for stopping by.
Come again.