I find my life now
far better than the start
I carry so much more love
within a grateful heart.
I've learned a lot there was to learn
and though there is so much more
I know the joy of learning now
as I could not before.
I have compassion I had not
when I was very young
friendship's so meaningful to me
echo like songs I've sung.
I've coped with life and love and fear
and think I can survive
any tragedies or pain
that may some day arrive.
Knowing myself down to the depths
bone bare with clarity
I have much love and peace
within my soul... within me.
And if I am granted the time
I seek wisdom to try
and make myself more than I am
before my time to die.
thats so true...now I have more meaning and understanding of life than I used to. In the end, a beginning indeed. So beautifully put Margie.
ReplyDeleteKeshi.
Life is a journey...and you have been doing it right. I wish I can say samethings when I grow older. That age, life and people don't leave bitterness as a residue. That I am a happier and a better person years down the line.
ReplyDeletePoignant thoughts beautifully strung!
ReplyDeleteGrowing up, though a painful process at times, does make us more ept on this roller coaster ride we call life.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
ReplyDeleteYou were born in Nova Scotia, and you get to go there regularly I presume! Gosh, aren't you lucky! It's an mazingly picturesque place like a real life picture post card.
I like your poems; they come from the heart.
yes, very beautiful, as usual.
ReplyDeleteI've learnt so much from lifes experiences and there are still more to learn as we navigate this road called life.
Very nicely put Magie, dear.
Have a beautiful weekend.
Another poem laced with the beauty of your soul!!
ReplyDeleteWholeness is a wonderful thing, isn't it Margie. Nice poem. Thanks for the poetic reminders.
ReplyDeleteWith every breath
ReplyDeletein lung with love
you become more
Lovely as always...and so true, so very true!
ReplyDeleteRobyn
HA HA! JINX!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend Margie :)
Robyn
very nicely written .. the first two verses i liked very much .. one learns soo much from love and care .. and more important than learn .. one discovers soo much
ReplyDeletenice one Margie. Take care :)
ReplyDeleteanother poem that reflects the beauty of your soul!
ReplyDeletethank you, margie, take care!
Thanks for the inspiration. Love that gets deeper with experience, I love it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the inspiration. Love that gets deeper with experience, I love it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the inspiration. Love that gets deeper with experience, I love it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the inspiration. Love that gets deeper with experience, I love it.
ReplyDeleteSo true margie...I've learned to play in this world and it gets deeper everyday...if I can leave a little joy with each brief encounter, it makes my day...thank you again for reflecting such beauty...
ReplyDelete"Knowing myself down to the depths
ReplyDeletebone bare with clarity
I have much love and peace
within my soul... within me."
I relate....
ash
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
Keshi
ReplyDeleteGo glad!
And thank you!
Thank you Dodi!
ReplyDeleteid it is
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words!
Yes, I go to Nova Scotia quite often... so beautiful there.
Thank you Christabelle!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a beautiful weekend also!
pat
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely words!
Thank you so much!
Thank you Don!
ReplyDeleteoz
ReplyDeleteBeautiful words you shared!
Thank you!
Thank you Robyn!
ReplyDeleteHa...JINX!
nabeel
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Thanks Ari!
ReplyDeleteOh... Thank you Polona!
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely words!
Steve
ReplyDeleteThank you!
And thank you Kuan!
ReplyDeletegautami
ReplyDeleteSo glad you could relate!
sounds like you have grown and matured as you learned...appreciate them...i wish we could gleen these things earlier....
ReplyDelete