from singing distances
sifts softly through the atmosphere
to sit upon these things:
a garden bench, a fence
and faces, in repose.
The world of politics and groceries and taxes
of work, and irritations and unfinished things
slides of my back
drains down to some dark corner
of the yard.
Filling like a balloon
with burgeoning delight
I rise on moonbeams
ride the starlight
swim the breeze.
Someone speaks
and I, who had perched
upon the edge of heaven
fly back, restored
to this uncommon

What a beautiful poem...thank you for sharing your lovely words!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Sherri.
DeleteYour kind words are appreciated.
this uncommon, common place...so very cool...
ReplyDeleteperched on the edge of heaven...not sure i would want to come back
smiles.
Brian,
DeleteI did not want to come back, either... LOL
Smiles, thank you.
Extraordinary, Margie. I have these moments too - more perfect because they can't be forced, only accepted as gifts. I'm back in Breckenridge with 4' of snow still in my back yard! We'll only stay overnight to water plants and check the house before returning to Denver where it is (happily) spring.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks, Barb,
DeleteMore snow in Breckinridge, will it ever end?
At least you get to be in Denver where spring has sprung.
x
This is lovely and magical, Margie! Very nice.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Daisy.
DeleteYou made me smile.
You have an amazing way with words, Margie, this is so lovely.
ReplyDeleteI do appreciate your kind words, Linda.
DeleteThanks very much.
What an incredible poem. "...this uncommon common place..." I love that part!
ReplyDeleteYour kinds words are much appreciated.
DeleteThanks Martha.
I kind of like that part too... LOL
Beautifully written!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks, ladyfi.
DeleteHi Margie! There is something about the evening and night light that takes me away too...troubles are forgotten looking up into the starlight. I can really relate to your theme.
ReplyDeleteBut I never want anyone to talk! I just want to stay there. But I think I'll be a more calm person when I do come 'back to earth.'
Hope you had a good weekend!
Ceil
Ceil,
DeleteGlad to know you related to my poem.
I had a wonderful weekend, thank you.
Did you see the crescent moon tonight, Margie? Pure magic - just like this beautiful poem.
ReplyDeleteKim,
DeleteI did see that beautiful crescent moon, magical indeed.
Your lovely comment made me smile, thank you.
It is absolutely perfect a little ride in the sky, and where did you get that Divine photo? handsome, I'll guess,...beautiful, angel
ReplyDeleteThanks Lorraine for the kind words.
DeleteThe photo actually came from my sister.
xx
So beautiful. The pictures you draw with your words are amazing.How do you do it?
ReplyDeleteDo you just start to write and these wonderful thoughts simply flow into your mind.
Amazing! Hugs and lots of light.
Hi Bonnie
DeleteI usually find a quiet place and the words just come to me.
How very kind you are, thanks so much.
Hugs back dear lady.
Boa tarde,
ReplyDeleteseu pensamento revela a luz que todos necessitamos para continuar a caminho dos objetivos.
Dia feliz
ag
http://momentosagomes-ag.blogspot.pt/
Antonio
DeleteAlways good to have you visit.
Thank you.
well.....Just .......WOW.... one of my favorites of yours. Again - ...wow.
ReplyDeleteI'm curious - would love to know how you get inspired for a poem like this -
I remember years ago - when I use to what felt like "receive" a poem - it was always when my hands were in warm water - doing dishes, bathing a baby ...and then the words would come - of course nothing like yours... I truly feel these are inspired..
Hi Sandy
DeleteI am always wowed when I get a WOW!
Thanks so much.
This poem was inspired ';by a walk in the moonlight with my hubby'
I am loving all that you write lately, keep it up.
and this ..wow
ReplyDelete....." Someone speaks
and I, who had perched
upon the edge of heaven
fly back, restored
to this uncommon
common place...."
Oh, sandy, you are too kind.
DeleteYour 2nd comment is so appreciated.
Thank you.
Oh WOW...in fact, double WOW!
ReplyDeleteThis is truly amazing...Oh please can I ride on those moonbeams with you, Margie?
You have brought a taste of sheer Heaven to we simple mortals...WOW!!!
Hugs xxx
Hi Ygraine
DeleteAnother Wow , a double Wow, love it!
Your delightful comment brought a smile to me.
Come along and ride those moonbeams with me.
Hugs
xx
Very gentle poetic reminder that our places of peace and contemplation draw us into the atmospheric thermodynamics that everything depends on, that our garden includes the stars. My compliments, Margie.
ReplyDeleteGeo,
DeleteThanks so very much for the lovely comment.
It means so much.
How wonderful your words are! I especially like "restored to this uncommon common place." Your poetry transports me!
ReplyDeleteLisa,
DeleteYou made me smile.
Many thanks on the kind words.
Your beautiful art does the same to me, 'transports me'
you have the right choice of words that lingers in our mind for longer and really touches our heart upon the edge of heaven!! SMiles:))
ReplyDeleteWelcome Adhi
DeleteI so appreciate the visit and follow and kind words.
I shall visit you soon.
Smiles
You never mention yourself, I do hope your health is good xx
ReplyDeleteHi Carole,
DeleteI have my good days where I am feeling great and then there are the not so good days but overall I am dong well.
Thanks for caring,
xx
Hi Margie so good to read your beautiful lines again. I'm able to visualize the second stanza so well. The rest of the lines felt like a dream and then once I came to the end I too was restored to this ...common place. Hope you are much better now.
ReplyDeleteTake Care
Hugs
Susan
Hi Susan
DeleteSo good to have you visit.
Your kind words are so appreciated.
I am doing better, thank you.
Hugs
Wow Margie!! Beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks, Stacy
Deletexx
So breathtakingly beautiful Margie!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Rose.
DeleteSmiles