So quietly doth Friendship stroll
along the paths of men
so surely doth her pure keen soul
reach out beyond our ken
and feel the need in every heart
that cries for light and love _
Her ministry becomes an art
all other arts above _
Thus you and I all unawares
are drawn from earth's far ways
to help each other lift the cares
that throng this mortal maze _
We know not why we meet or part
except we see the plans
that underline her subtle art
Friendship understands _
---------------------------------------------------
(this poem is dedicated to a longtime friend
that I met in 1979, I am sending this poem
to her in the mail (snail mail)
Amizade é sempre lindo.
ReplyDeleteAmo poesia sempre.
Linda nova semana.
Bjins
entre
sonhos e delírios
CatiahoAlc/ReflexodAlma
Reflexo d'Alma
DeleteWelcome and thanks for the kind words and follow.
I hope your friend appreciates the beauty of this poem and feeling of love and friendship that runs through it. I enjoyed reading it. Many thanks.
ReplyDeleteGreetings from London.
A Cuban In London
DeleteI hope (actually I know) she will appreciate it as a long time ago I sent her lots of my poems in the mail and she loved them all.
Many thanks for the visit and kind words!
Greetings from beautiful Colorado
Beautiful poem. I think your friend will be very moved by it. Your words bequeath such honor and sweet kindness too.
ReplyDeleteHI Lisa
DeleteYour lovely comment means so much.
Thank you.
amiles....friendship is a blessing...and friendship understands...it visits us when we least expect...and is def an art...
ReplyDeleteBrian,
DeleteSmiles
Friendship is indeed a blessing and I have been greatly blessed!
A lovely ode to friendship Margie....thank you for your prayers and kind words over at my blog. :-)
ReplyDeleteHi Carrie
DeleteThanks for the kind words.
And you are very welcome!
Very heartwarming poem, Margie. I'm sure your friend will be delighted by this.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks, Daisy
DeleteI appreciate your visit and words that made me smile
so. so. beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much, Janet
DeleteWhat a lovely poem to receive in the mail! I'm sure your friend will be thrilled.
ReplyDeleteHi Martha
DeleteShe will be surprised and I know she will love it, she has been going through a hard time.
Thanks for the kind words.
What a lovely poem!
ReplyDeleteThank you, ladyfi
DeleteSuch a beautiful tribute to the best relationship in the world called " Friendship"!!
ReplyDeleteVandana,
DeleteThank you.
I appreciate your visit and kind words.
oh this is lovely angel, such a wonderful treasure someone will receive by the snail mail...the poem is outstanding and out of this world xo
ReplyDeleteHi Lorraine
DeleteYou made me smile with your lovely comment.
Thank you.
xo
Beautiful, Margie. Friendships, new or old are precious, a treasure for sure. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteHello Bonnie
DeleteThank you dear.
Hugs back
A good friendship is something to be cherished, and your poem is absolutely beautiful, dear Margie. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda
DeleteYour kind words are appreciated.
Thank you so much
Take care.
Greetings!
ReplyDeleteThe look of the blog is just as serene as the words flowing in each one of your poems. I have a love for poetry (reading as well as writing) and I always keep looking for blogs where I could read it.
I read your previous poems as well. The words flow with ease and the writing style shows expertise. I enjoyed what I read here and surely your friend would be delighted with this tribute.
I am glad to have come across your blog.
Well wishes to you and your blog! :)
Hi Sui and welcome
DeleteHow very kind you are.
I was touched by your words.
Thanks so much for them and the follow
Nice to meet you.
Beautiful poem and tribute to friendship. A long-time friend is a gift indeed.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much , Judith ....
Deleteyour friend is so lucky :-) I would love if somebody send me lovely poems like this by post....I have always felt hand written letters are the most sincere and beautiful form of communication...when I was little my dad used to send me letters , he used to draw for me. I remember once when I was four he drew a picture of a train and he wrote " Father is coming in this train" :-) ..i remember feeling so happy when I got that..
ReplyDeleteHave a good day Margie :-)
Hi Athira
DeleteI too love hand written letters and have kept many over the years, some are from my mom (she's gone now and I treasure the letters)
How special that letter you got from your father with the drawing was, a treasure for sure.
Thank you for the visit and lovely sharing ...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete"We know not why we meet or part" indeed! Yet, there are some among those we meet that make a permanent place in the innards of our being, and we draw solace from their presence within whenever we feel low or lonely.
ReplyDeleteCheers to your friend and to your friendship : )
Id it is
DeleteSo nice to be in touch again....
Thanks for coming by and sharing your words with me.
They are appreciated ...
Be well and take care
Margie, WOW!!! You moved me greatly! I am crying happy tears! Your friend is going to love this poem! Big Hugs ;o)
ReplyDeleteStacy
DeleteCrying 'happy tears' how very sweet.
You are a dear.
Thank you.
Big Hugs back and lots of smiles
Too few people know how to stay close for 35 years. Most of my old friends have wandered mindlessly away. I congratulate your durability!
ReplyDeleteHi Geo
DeleteThanks for the congrats on the durability, it was not hard to do though as I am blessed with such a good friend that I love dearly.
Take care ....
This is so lovely...what a beautiful tribute to your friend.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks, Sherri
DeleteHave a great weekend
this is absolutely wonderful, a great tribute.. xoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Cat.
DeleteYou made me smile xoxo
Hi Margie .. at times we do so desperately need friends and to be reached out - just so pleased you've snail-mailed it to her .. lovely thought - cheers Hilary
ReplyDeleteHi Hilary
DeleteThere was never a doubt in my mind about snail-mailing it to her as emailing just would not have had as much impact.
Thanks for the kind words, they are appreciated.
Cheers Hilary
A truly heart-warming poem, dear Margie...oh I so love this - and so, I'm sure, will your friend! xxx
ReplyDeleteHi Ygraine
DeleteYour kind words mean so much.
Many thanks. xxx
Margei,
ReplyDeleteYour superb poem highlights the values we share in connecting via this great BIG world. Words have such power and offer both friendship and encouragement, in what might otherwise be a lonely placement:)
Best wishes, Eileen :)
Hello Eileen
DeleteIt always brings me joy to see you visit.
Thanks for the kind words.
Best wishes to you...take care
I love that you're sending this to her the traditional way. However the words get to their destination, you are a tremendously gifted writer.
ReplyDeleteHi Carmi
DeleteWelcome!
Your visit and kind words are greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much!
Hi Margie! Friendship is such a gift, isn't it? And you're so right...how do we know what brings us together? It has to be the love of God. He loves us so much, he gives us each other.
ReplyDeleteI know your friend will be so touched by this poem. How generous of you to send it! I experienced having a poem written for me on my blog by you, and I was so excited to see it! I know she will be too. You are a good friend :)
Blessings,
Ceil
Hi Ceil
DeleteI have been so blessed with the friendship of this dear friend I am sending this poem to,
I am happy you liked my little poem on joy ...
Blessings to you...
A beautiful poem and what a gift to your friend. Thanks, for visiting my blog. Hugs
ReplyDeleteHi Maggie
DeleteThanks for visiting and the kind words.
Hugs back
The poem is a great tribute to the concept of friendship, and a priceless gift to your dear friend. I'm sure she highly appreciates your fine gesture.
ReplyDeleteHello Duta
DeleteSo lovely to have you visit again and your kind words mean so much.
Thank you.
Take care
Boa tarde,
ReplyDeleteLinda amizade e dedicatória ao seu amigo com a certeza que vai ficar muito honrado com o lindo poema dedicado.
Dia feliz
ag
http://momentosagomes-ag.blogspot.pt/
Many thanks, Antonio
ReplyDeleteWishing you a happy day ....
True friends are rare, friends that don't need a time and a place to meet because they live in our hearts
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful poem!
ReplyDeleteTo share such a long friendship is itself a gift.
ReplyDelete