How beautiful
the sound of your laughter
gentle, pleased and pleasing
with the softened tones of
pure contentment
brightly releasing taut bonds
of tension
Your light casts aside
the shades of anguish and
cruelties of despair
Your love overflows
soothing, reassuring
reaching forth to touch
my weariness
moving with sprightly strokes
to brush aside
my apprehensions
In your voice
such laughter is the music
of love's delight -
(written for my dear husband ...
tomorrow is his birthday, every day, his laughter lights up my life)
This is so beautiful, Margie! Happy birthday to your husband. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Linda.
DeleteMy husband had a wonderful birthday.
World makes more sense with someone you love in it. Happy Birthday to your husband and happy Saturday to you both.
ReplyDeleteThanks Geo.
DeleteIndeed, my world makes great sense due to great loves ...
Thanks for the wishes.
What a gift you created. Beautiful. I know he will love it! Happy Birthday to your hubby. My hubby and I both celebrated our B-days in June as well:)!
ReplyDeleteHi Janet
DeleteMany thanks for the kind words.
You are so kind.
Have a happy life!
ReplyDeleteVandana,
DeleteThank you, I shall ...
A beautiful gift. Your poem expresses such gentleness and love. Laughter is a blessing and how great you are surrounded by it. Happy birthday to your husband
ReplyDeleteMarja
DeleteYour kind words are much appreciated.
Many thanks.
That is so beautiful, Margie! Happy birthday to your husband. I wish him many, many more wonderful years. I hope you have a great day together!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Martha for the kind words.
DeleteWe had a wonderful day together.
How wonderful to have that special a relationship. Beautiful poem. xxoo
ReplyDeleteThank you, dear Bonnie.
DeleteI am truly blessed.
xoxo
This is so beautiful angel, give my best wishes to Handsome....xo and a hug for him
ReplyDeleteThank you, Lorraine.
DeleteHandsome said thanks for the hug ... he likes hugs ....LOL
xo
So lovely...Happy Birthday to your husband. :)
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Sherri.
DeleteI appreciate the kind words.
laughter is the music of loves delight...how true...and how beautiful that pure peel of laughter.....
ReplyDeleteHi Brian
DeleteWhere would we be without laughter?
It is such a beautiful thing especially when it comes from our spouse that makes life oh, so beautiful.
Margie, there can be no better gift than a gift from one's heart...so loving and so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Your Hubby~
Hi Jan
DeleteThanks for the kind words.
They mean so much.
Hi Margie! Happy Birthday to your husband, the light and music of your life. Those are two of the best gifts anyone can give...
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Ceil
Thanks Ceil for the birthday wishes for my husband.
DeleteHe so enjoyed his birthday.
Happy birthday to your husband, Margie! This is a very sweet poem. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Daisy on the kind words.
DeleteThey are appreciated.
Happy birthday wishes to your husband, I hope the two of you have a wonderful time celebrating! Beautiful and sweet poem, I've not really thought about how magical the laughter of someone you love can be, thank you for putting that into my head.
ReplyDeleteLisa,
DeleteOur day was wonderful together, thanks for the wishes.
And also the kind words on my poem are appreciated., many thanks.
Beautiful poem. Happy Birthday to your husband. Hope you are having a very enjoyable day together. Hugs
ReplyDeleteMaggie,
DeleteSo nice to have you visit.
Thank you on the kind words.
Our day together was lovely.
Hugs
This poem Margie is full of life and happy. He'll love it and he sounds like an amazing guy. Have a great time celebrating.
ReplyDeleteHi Nikki
DeleteLovely to see you here and many thanks for the lovely comment.
My hubby is truly amazing, I am so blessed to have him.
it's a wonderful poem... my wish, family light always burn with happiness.
ReplyDeletecongratulations :)
HI Tolga
DeleteThanks so much for the visit and kind words.
hw romantic...................u express it wndrfully thru wrds............
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Amita
DeleteI appreciate your visit and comment.
You are so lucky to have each other...
ReplyDeleteRachel,
DeleteYes, we are so very lucky.
Thanks for dropping by dear lady.
Margie, belated Birthday Wishes to your husband. There is so much of love and warmth in these lines...
ReplyDeleteWishing you a lovely week
Susan
Belated birthday wishes to your husband! I am sure that you bring smiles to him just as he does to you. ^.^
ReplyDeleteHi Sui
DeleteThank you for the birthday wishes.
He had a wonderful day.
Thank you all for the visits and comments.
ReplyDeleteThey are greatly appreciated.
I have my granddaughter with me today (and all week) so very busy.
I shall reply to the comments when I have more time.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
Happy Belated Birthday to your hubby ;o)
ReplyDeleteSending out many blessings to him ;o)
I love what you wrote ;o) Laughter, is magical ;o)