a gold and crimson dawn
so splashed with splendor that the sight
I scare could look upon _
In the dewy morningtide
I heard a thrush's cry
of utter joy and saw him wing
across the western sky _
Before my eager, quickened sight
a flower-form unfurled
and lent its matchless beauty
to a green and amber world _
My grateful heart beheld a way
to lift a load of care
that in a silent loneliness
a friend had - had to bear _
Twilight gently blanketed
the weary world in rest
and stooped to kiss the little one
that slumbered at my breast _
Today I learned to love each hour
nor asked tomorrow planned
and lo _ at last _ I drift toward sleep
its key within my hand _
What beautiful words!
ReplyDeleteI so appreciate your kind words, ladyfi.
DeleteThank you.
Like a dream from heaven, my dear friend...lovely~
ReplyDeleteHugs & Love
xoxoxo
What a lovely comment dear Jan .
DeleteMany thanks.
Hugs and love back to you.
xoxo
Hi Margie! Just letting go of future anxiety really is the key to peace, isn't it? And I think worry about the past is a block sometimes too. Trust that we will be protected and loved is all any of us need to relax and recharge.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful words for my Monday,
Ceil
Hi Ceil
DeleteI believe in 'living in the moment'
We can't change yesterday and we never know what tomorrow shall bring so let us enjoy today and love all the beauty it can bring to us.
Your kind words about my poem mean so much.
Thank you ...
Margie, it looks like you're surrounded by such a peaceful atmosphere, for those trees are beautiful, and I love your poem.
ReplyDeleteLon,
DeleteThis was a beautiful place that I visited last fall in the mountains and I shall be making another visit soon.
So glad you loved my poem , that made me smile ... thank you.
Boa tarde,
ReplyDeleteA imagem é linda a reveladora de paz que a natureza transmite.
AG
http://momentosagomes-ag.blogspot.pt/
Many thanks, Antonio ..
DeleteAlways so good to have you visit.
So beautiful. I read and then reread and then I read it again. Thank you! Hugs.
ReplyDeleteBonnie
DeleteIt truly made me happy that you read and reread and read my poem.
That is such an honor to me.
Your kindness means so much, thank you.
Hugs back dear lady
So beautiful - I really like this! And beautiful photo.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much , Sandy on the kind words.
DeletePure gold, i have no words....I'm in awe every time and i'd rather just read you and let google take all my photos, oh how love this, you beautiful, beautiful angel and setting lol xxx
ReplyDeleteLorraine, my dear friend, you are so dear and your words so touched me.
DeleteThanks so very much .
I will so miss your blogs and hope you can come back , it won't be the same without you. Love you ...xxx
a pleasant poem.. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks V.
DeleteSo nice of you to say so ...
I love these beautiful words and also that incredibly beautiful setting. Wow...
ReplyDeleteHi Keith
DeleteAnd I loved your beautiful comment ... thanks so much.
How lovely and eloquent. I am happily lost in your world as I read your words. Your words are so beautiful! Lovely photo too.
ReplyDeleteHow very kind of you, Lisa .
DeleteYour comment brought a smile ...
Many thanks ...
So lovely...
ReplyDeleteAnd full of Wisdom...
Tessa~
Thanks dear Tessa
DeleteI appreciate that so much.
So very beautiful Margie! You are so talented! You truly speak from the heart!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture!
(Thanks for the gorgeous picture of Rose!)
Love you xoxoxo
Sweet Stacy, you are too kind.
DeleteThanks dear, so much.
(so glad you liked the picture of my dear little Rose , you are so welcome )
Love you, too
xoxo
Lovely, Margie. I especially appreciated the line "Today I learned to love each hour". That photo of you is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi Martha
DeleteI so appreciate the kind words on my poem and photo
Many thanks to you.
learning to love each hour is a beautiful thing
ReplyDeleteas is when you know how to lift those burdens
from friends as well...hope you have been good...
i have been away since late last week...
Hi Brian
DeleteI hope you had a good time away, it's always good to get a break .
And it's always good to have you visit and share your words with me .
I always like to get your perspective ....
Thanks ...
I like your hat, and the ideas you don't keep under it. I have an old Tilley from my gardening days and sometimes put it on to help me remember things.
ReplyDeleteGeo,
DeleteHaha ... this is my favorite hat ... and I really liked your comment, made me chuckle ...
Thanks ...
Awsome picture! You were walking in a true splendor indeed.
ReplyDeleteI like the contrast between the colors you wear and the yellowish color of the trees.
Hi Duta
DeleteThis was truly a place of splendor ...
And thanks for the most splendid comment
Smiles
Such lovely words, Margie, as always, captivating. And I love the photo!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much, Linda .
DeleteYour comment is appreciated ...
Beautiful poem!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Bethany on the kind words.
DeleteThere is always tremendous gratitude here, Margie, which is so refreshing!
ReplyDeleteMichael
DeleteHow kind of you... thank you...
Beautiful composition. Really refreshing as the poem has its setting.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks, Sangay .
DeleteGood to see you ...
Take care ...
Hi Margie - be with today and enjoy ... tomorrow will take care of itself - just know you hold tomorrow's key ... wonderful thoughts ... Hilary
ReplyDeleteHi Hilary
DeleteToday is a day that will never come again so let's be glad and enjoy it ..
I appreciate your visit and kind words ...thank you.
To be mindful and grateful for now, this moment. So hard sometimes, but so calming when I can!
ReplyDeleteBarb,
DeleteHow true it is that living in the moment and being grateful can be so calming .
I wish you many of those special moments ..
Thanks for dropping by .
Be well and be happy ...
lovely post!
ReplyDeleteHello, A Lady's Life
DeleteThanks so much for that ...
Tranquil and beautiful imagery! ♥
ReplyDeleteSui
DeleteYour kind words mean a lot.
Thank you .. <3
...what a perfect state of being!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Shadow ..
DeleteHappy to see you here ...
Every time i read this I feel something knew, this is priceless darling angel
ReplyDeleteLorraine
DeleteAnd you are priceless to come back and read my poem again and leave another lovely comment .. thanks sweet girl ..
Margie, I believe you are holding the 'key'. Lovely. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteHi Jim
DeleteSo nice to have you visit.
Your kinds words are much appreciated .. thank you, kind sir ...
This is absolutely glorious Margie! The beauty of nature the beauty of now. A wonderful message spoken with a beautiful voice!
ReplyDeleteHello Carrie
DeleteWhat a sweet comment.
I really liked it and appreciated it ... thank you...
well google did not take too kindly to my deleting the double of one photos so they delete whatever they wanted goodbye google couldn't sign in again, the only reason I was keeping it was to be able to visit my friends, but now they don't recognize my password, so unless you have anonymous, i won't be able to visit anyone, that's their punishment how low can they go they had photos from me since 1962 ???? I was a baby i only started blogger in 2004? so let's see if they let me sign in if not i hope to God you have anynomous
ReplyDeletehow cool, now I can go delete my blog, but I'll always visit!
DeleteLorraine, my friend of a long time, I will so miss your blog but I will so love that you can still visit ..
DeleteLove to you ..
Be good to yourself xoxo
your words form glorious pictures in my mind and feelings in my heart... so lovely.
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely comment ... thanks so much, Sharmon
Deletexx
Beautiful photo and poem, Margie. The last stanza is my favorite. Enjoy each moment as it comes.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Daisy
DeleteSmiles
Wow one pearl after the other
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely enjoyed this. You have to publish
your poetry. I will buy one. Love it
Marja
DeleteYou are so sweet .. you made me smile.
Thanks dear lady , so much.