He calls to me _ I know it now
that bird with cheery song
to let my duties wait awhile
and come _ the day is long.
He's telling me it's springtime
there are violets in the wood.
I feel I can't refuse to go
I don't see how I could!
Out where the shadowy vistas are
aglow with sunshine Gold
the forest flowers are carpeting
the spongy _ leafy mold.
Oh! _ I must see it all again
and hear the brooklets sing!
I cannot still this heart of mine
for it is answering spring!
(Photo is from springtime last year
this is my neighbor's yard.)
.jpg)
Dear Margie,
ReplyDeleteYou are making my heart sing with this lovely poem and photo. Especially since we are supposed to be getting snow here in Montreal beginning tomorrow night into Friday, possibly 10-12 centimeters. But I have Spring in my heart, and your poem and photo have done this, so a heartfelt thanks for this. Happy Earth Day, too. :)
Hi Linda
DeleteI am touched by your kind words ... keep that spring in your heart, always.
Thanks Linda xx
It reads like a song, warming the heart as always. Nicely written...well done!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, blogoratti
DeleteThat is such a lovey comment ...
what a beautiful poem!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks, Sandy
DeleteSpringtime is such a lovely time! Your words bring my urge to spend time in gardens crashing in! Lovely poem and such a sweet photograph too!
ReplyDeleteHi Lisa
DeleteI so love springtime ...
You brought a smile with the kind words, thanks dear girl ..
Beautiful poem and photo dearest Margie.,.you added sunshine to my day and joy to my heart...thank you~
ReplyDeleteHugs & Love
xoxoxo
Jan, you are such a dear ... such a lovely thing to say and it touched my heart so much!
DeleteYou do the same thing to me ...
Hugs & Love xoox
And thanks dearest Jan ...
DeleteThis is such a beautiful, upbeat poem! My heart sings with it!
ReplyDelete(Thank you again, Margie!)
Vesper (Cora)
DeleteOh, how wonderful that my poem made your heart sing ...love that!
Thanks for the kind words ...
The weather here in Chicago has changed -- temperature dropped -- the feeling of spring is gone. I can only feel the chill of the wind. Thanks for reminding me it's spring.
ReplyDeleteHi Peaches , you are welcome ... I hope spring has come there.
DeleteHi Margie - lovely poem devoted to Spring ... and yes we could wait if we held Spring for a little longer .. I hope your Denver weekend visit was successful and happy ... Love the little grouping too .. cheers Hilary
ReplyDeleteHi Hilary
DeleteOur trip to the museum was wonderful ...
Your visit is appreciated as well as the kind words .. many thanks.
Happy Earth Day, Earthling! This planet makes more sense with such poets in it.
ReplyDeleteHi Geo
DeleteAnd a belated happy Earth Day to you!
I am grateful to have met such a fine poet as yourself and appreciate the nice sentiment ... thank you, kind sir!
Fresh and beautiful like flowers of spring :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet comment from you, Aunt Mary ... many thanks ..
DeleteYou made me feel the springtime. Here is just rain and rain and strong winds today that I couldn't and enjoy the spring.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day!
Hi Joy
DeleteI am glad I was able to make you feel spring ..it's my favorite time of the year , well, actually I love all seasons but with all the new growth and beauty of springtime, I just want to be outdoors and be a part of this joyous time of year.
I hope you are enjoying your days!
Nature finds its way everywhere be it as barren land, fertile ground or our heart:)
ReplyDeleteYes, that is so true, Vandana
DeleteThanks for dropping by
Smiles ..
beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteMany thanks, Petra :o)
Deleteoh angel, as always, beautiful, endearing, and oh so lovely ...thank you, always xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteLorraine
DeleteThanks so much lovely lady .... always
xoxoxo
Oh how this touches my heart...the beauty of spring...and your beautiful photo reminds me how new life can spring up, even in a place that before seemed so barren!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, dear Margie...you never fail to astound me! This it truly amazing...:)
Love & Hugs xoxoxo
Ygraine, how very touched I am as I read you kind words ... you mentioned I never fail to astound you , well dear lady , you always astound me with your lovely comments ...so very kind you are!
DeleteThank you ..
Love & Hugs back .. xoxoox
Enjoyed… The images created, I like.. Except the caller has always been a she for me☺
ReplyDeleteI am glad you enjoyed , Anthony ... thank you for the visit and comment.
DeleteLovely ode to spring.
ReplyDeleteThanks ladyfi ...
DeleteI appreciate the nice comment.
Hi Margie! The change in seasons makes me so happy, and I see it's the same with you! How impossible it is not to hope and joy in the new growth, new temperatures and running streams. Take that time! Fill up your heart and soul with God's perfect creations. Ahhh. Feel that peace :)
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Ceil
Hi Ceil
DeleteI see from your comment you love spring as much as I do ...I so love all of it and my heart always feels so alive at this time of year.
Nice to see you ...
Blessings to you as you go about your days ..
Beautiful poem! Spring is such a wonderful time of year!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Bethany on the kind words
DeleteAh, yes to spring :)
Margie,
ReplyDeleteA magnificent reward to my heart, by visiting your very uplifting poem. Spring is a sure tonic, with its gifts of birdsong, flowers and warmer temperatures..It invites the outside world into our hearts..A beautiful spring garden photo!
Happy Spring Delights Margie,
Eileen
Hi Eileen
DeleteYour lovely comment made me smile ...
I so thank you ..
Happy spring delights to you as well ...
Spring certainly has a certain magic to it, enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteShadow ... oh, I am truly enjoying spring ,,,
DeleteNice of you to drop by ,,,
I am doing my best to catch up with all of you lovely people that left comments, I got caught up on my last two poems and will reply to your comments on this one next week .
ReplyDeleteTill then, I wish you all a most wonderful weekend , take care, be well and smile as a smile is such a beautiful thing to wear ..
Thanks everyone for the visits and comments ... I loved them all
Margie
xx
Such a sweet poem and perfect to read against the back drop the bird song I am now listening to!
ReplyDeleteHi Melissa
DeleteI appreciate your visit and kind words ..
Thanks for taking the time ...
I love this post, Margie! Wonderful!
ReplyDeleteDaisy , well, that is such a nice thing to say ...many thanks!
DeleteHow delightful Margie, fabulous rhythm :)
ReplyDeleteRose, you are so kind ... thank you!
DeleteThank you, Martha
ReplyDeleteI appreciate that.
Alexandra , your lovely comment brought such a smile and I thank you kindly ... you are so sweet!
ReplyDeleteSimplicity is always the most beautiful.....
ReplyDelete