Places belong to the people who love them.
Making this trail in the forest my own ...
here I am whole as the mountains above me ...
separate, apart, but never alone.
Here I am one with the songs and the laughter
wafted by winds from the trees to the streams ...
This is my own for I drink from its sweetness ...
strength for my living and silence for my dreams.
This is my trail where the West is unchanging
This is the secret of peace that I know.
Footsteps of others are never discordant ...
This is my own for my love makes it so!
beautiful - and sums up my own feelings perfectly
ReplyDeletethank you
Lovely.. loved your words n theme...
ReplyDeleteGod bless you dear sis :)
Take care
Love tese lines Margie
ReplyDeleteThis is my own for I drink from its sweetness ...
strength for my living and silence for my dreams.
Exquisite.
Wow! This is so idyllic!
ReplyDeleteI havent been on the other site much either...but you continue to bless me when I visit you here...
ReplyDeleteabsolutely love this one...
donna
That's nice Margie.
ReplyDeleteand a beautiful place it must be!
ReplyDeletelove it, margie.
Such an amazing piece of poetry Margie, beautiful.
ReplyDeleteIn harmony with nature, self, and stream. Just wonderful. :)
misty eyed and unshamely beautiful
ReplyDeleteu r UNIQUE Margie! This is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMWAH!
Keshi.
Beautifully written!
ReplyDelete'...separate, apart, but never alone.'..Wow! Simple poet but compact!
Take care Margie.
Hugs*
p/s This is for you Margie:
ReplyDeletehttp://noushy-award.blogspot.com/2008/01/best-friends.html
Thanks for your gr8 comments in my blog, you surely make my day and blogging fun.
Hugs*
beautiful
ReplyDeleteThis is very pretty. I love the solace in it.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
T
Hi Floots
ReplyDeleteI appreciate your kind words very much!
Thanks so much!
So glad you could relate!
Margie
Hello Samrina
ReplyDeleteVery glad to know you enjoyed my little poem!
Thanks very much for the very nice comment!
And, God bless you too...dear sis!(how very sweet of you to call me sis!)
I loved that!
Margie
Thanks very much, Trinitystar
ReplyDeleteA few of my favorite lines too!
Always so nice to see you here.
Margie
Hello Aurora
ReplyDeleteThank you very much!
I love WOW's !!!
I so appreciate it!
Margie
Such lovely words from you, Donna!
ReplyDeleteThat I can do such a thing makes me very happy!
Thanks so much!
Margie
Thank you, Art....very much!
ReplyDeleteMargie
Hello Polona
ReplyDeleteIt's a place that gives me joy!
So glad you loved my poem.
That makes me feel good!
Thanks very much!
Margie
How very kind of you, Eric!
ReplyDeleteI very much appreciate your kind comment!
Thank you...thank you!
Margie
Hi Fotoface
ReplyDeleteWelcome to my blog!
I thank you very much for that nice comment!
I'll come by to visit you soon.
Margie
Hey Keshi
ReplyDeleteI guess we are all UNIQUE in our own way....you are, you know!
As always....I do appreciate your kind comment...thanks...thanks!
MWAH!
Margie
Hello Noushy
ReplyDeleteThank you very much!
And how sweet of you....I'll check that out very soon!
And you are very welcome!
I thank you for adding to my day and making blogging fun as well!
Hugs returned to you!
Margie
Hi Kai
ReplyDeleteThanks very much!
Margie
Inside our hands, outside our hearts
ReplyDeleteIt's nice having you visit me!
Thanks very much for the kind words about my poem.
I'll visit you soon!
Margie
the 1st line is beautiful- it fits with something that I've been thinking about - thanks
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Andrew.
ReplyDeleteIs it something you are going to write about?
You are welcome!
Margie
Margie
ReplyDeletecompile all these poems
and publish
u will make a million
Hi Jim
ReplyDeleteA million...you think so?
If I do I'll share some of that million!
Thanks so much, Jim!
Margie