and I shall marry you again - in the springtime - my love
our vows of love renewed - through eternity -
You are all my little life can hold
our vows of love renewed - through eternity -
You are all my little life can hold
I've brought you up before my jury
time and sense and sensibility
and both my arms and both my hands
and these two eyes that long to see your face
have found you in a necessary place ~
Your light blocks out the view
your sun outshines the rest
upon the threshold of my heart
you are the only guest
and the last and that shall always be
you and ours are all my life will want to hold
eternally ~

smiles. it is a beautiful love that lasts and one that you will say yes to again and again all through your life....
ReplyDeleteThanks Brain, I am blessed beyond measure.
DeleteA brave and lovely poem that has endeared you to me. Personally, I am afraid of commitment, which is why I only married once instead of oftener --but, after 44 years, maybe Norma and I should also renew our vows.
ReplyDeleteGeo, wow, 44 years for you, that is wonderful.
DeleteAnd thank you for the kind words, many thanks.
The ducks, the ducks!
ReplyDeleteWhere be the ducks?
Eternal words for a lifetime of love.
Goatman, oh, the ducks, yes, the ducks, where are they?
DeleteSomewhere else, I guess.
It is always so nice to have you visit, thank you for the nice comment.
Margie, this is about Love which never dies, which shines and beautiful. Your poetry makes me a better person, a kinder person.
ReplyDeleteYou are a very beautiful poet and a woman. I wish you happiness, plenty of inspiration and joy.
Warm hugs from me to you.
Kaya, your kind words touched my heart greatly.
DeleteI never imagined my poetry could affect another in the way you described.
I am honored.
I thank you so much and send you hugs of joy and gratitude.
Love the photo, Margie! And the poem is lovely. Love that that is rare and fine.
ReplyDeleteKim, thanks so very much.
DeleteI am so blessed.
How romantic and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, ladyfi.
DeleteBeautiful photo and lovely and romantic poem! You put emotions to words so beautifully.
ReplyDeleteLisa, your kind words are appreciated.
DeleteThanks so much.
Just lovely!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Susie.
DeleteAlways a joy to have you visit.
Eternal love What a gorgeous poem and so happy you found it You deserve it Your beautiful soul shines through in your poems
ReplyDeleteMarja, your kinds words mean so much.
DeleteI thank you, truly.
Shivers down my back, oh angel this is so...touching and wonderful and poetic and eternal...you touched my heart, again....You will renew your vows, now that's Love indeed, I am so happy for you xx and handsome :)
ReplyDeleteLorraine, in the springtime, we shall renew our marriage vows.
DeleteSuch a sweet comment, thank you.
xx
So romantic, so idealistic...and to think this is REAL too!
ReplyDeleteOh Margie, this is truly earth-shattering stuff...I am overwhelmed.:)
Ygraine, I am so blessed and happy to have found such a wonderful dear man that I love more and more every day of my life.
DeleteSomeone 'up there' must really like me to have blessed me so.
Thanks very much for the kind words.
x
Gosh, I'm still trying to recover! :-) That was powerful. Many thanks. I loved your beautiful poem. So much passion in it.
ReplyDeleteGreetings from London.
A Cuban in London,
DeleteAnd I loved your beautiful comment.
Many thanks.
Olá,
ReplyDeleteProfundo e belo, poema muito bem conseguido.
Abraço
ag
Ag, I thank you very much.
Deletex
Margie,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your loving gift, through these profound words. You have been blessed to have experienced such true love.
Best wishes,
Eileen :)
Eileen,
DeleteYou are so very welcome.
Eileen,
Blessed is the word.
I am so grateful for this endearing love.
Many thanks for the visit and kind words.
Beautiful post, and beautiful photo to accompany it! Nothing like a true love!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much, Martha.
DeleteI appreciate that.
So beautiful! So much love!! Love the photo ;o) Big Hugs xoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteStacy, thank you dear.
DeleteBig hugs back xoox
That's a lovely poem my friend, blessings to you both!!!
ReplyDeleteLon, thanks very much for the kind words.
DeleteOh yes, so very calming and serene ~~~ thanks!
ReplyDeleteRon
Thanks Ron, I appreciate that.
DeleteGive Sophie a big hug .
That’s such a lovely lovely picture…even without any words around that’s brilliant…
ReplyDeletedeeps, many thanks for the lovely comment.
Deleteand most like me love you and like me ask where is Margie? I just said you were okay and you'd be here shortly hope you had a ball yesterday, but not for too long and that you are resting....I do love you Margie, you have such a loving heart
ReplyDeleteLorraine, all is good
DeleteI had a wonderful time at the wedding reception and I saw a newly wed young couple so in love that they reminded me of myself on my wedding day and true love is such a blessing.
Love you more. xo
\i'm going for a drive in my Toyota \yaris can you believe it can be either manual or automatic, geesh make up mind car, automatic for me i'm taking her for a spin, then come back visit hummmmmmm and hope to see you today people are worrried...they love u gotta go wish me luck
ReplyDeleteYou and that car are gonna go places, LOL
DeleteLots of places.
Take me on a little spin and we will have a ball ....LOL
So beautifully written when it comes from ones heart...as these words did from yours, Margie~~~
ReplyDeleteWarm Hugs, My Friend~~~
Jan, I must tell you, the words did come from my heart and I thank you for knowing.
DeleteMany thanks
Warm hugs right back to you
your romantic love shines again, Margie
ReplyDeletePoloana, how kind of you to say so.
DeleteI thank you.
Hello Margie,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful poem!
This poem expresses eternal love so nicely.
It is special when one shares an undying love with another person still after being together for many years.
I love the photo Margie:)
Have a nice day!
Lydia, I am truly blessed, beyond words.
DeleteI thank you so much for the lovely comment.
So, so beautiful Margie... this is how I feel about my beloved as well... you've expressed this kind of deep devotional love so perfectly.
ReplyDeleteLaura,
DeleteThank you very much.
And even after over 30 years I am as much (more actually) in love as I was on the day I married.
I am glad you have the same, what a blessing!
Heard a priest in a nuptial homily say to the couple, just before their vows,
ReplyDelete"Of course you love each other now very much.
But my prayer for you is that you will
NOT love the same 50 years from now.
I hope you will look into each other's eyes
and say to one another, "50 YEARS AGO,
WE HAD NOT A SINGLE CLUE WHAT
REAL, TRUE LOVE MEANT.
NOW WE KNOW, having together, come through LIFE...."
This post is stunningly beautiful, brings goose bumps!
Thank you. God has certainly smiled on your union.
PEACE!
Steve,
DeleteLife has blessed me with so much and the greatest and most beautiful was meeting my love, my only love.
We have had many struggles and the hardest for me was almost losing my husband (3 times) to death .
I love him more today than I ever imagined it was possible.
I so appreciate your kind words,
Thank you, Steve.
Olá,
ReplyDeleteVoltei para apreciar novamente o que escreveu e a foto.
Abraço
ag
Ag,
DeleteThank you for that.
Threshold of my heart...you are the only guest! Wonderful...fills my heart!
ReplyDeleteLyn, so glad to know that those words 'filled your heart'
DeleteThank you dear.
Thank you, Margie, my husband is waiting for a cancer operation, but I shall try to add another except this Friday as you kindly said you like them. Hugs...
ReplyDeleteCarole,
DeleteI am so very, very sorry for the news on your husband and he is in my prayers daily.
I send you hugs dear lady.
I so appreciate all the visits from all of you dear people.
ReplyDeleteI shall reply later in the week to each comment.
I hurt my knee (through a fall last Friday) and not online so much since then.
Till then I send love to all of you.
Margie
well............awesome!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks, Sandy.
DeleteHow awesome! I feel the same way about my husband. What greater gift on this earth, than to find your soul mate.
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you!
xoxo
Sixpence,
DeleteI am so happy to know that you are blessed, like I am.
An't love (true love) grand!!!!!!!
xo
Some loves are truly worth celebrating and keeping. I'm glad yours is one of them Margie. (Mine, too!)
ReplyDelete