
I love the happy ones . . . the birds
who never do resort to words . . .
but with each breath, drop crystal notes . . .
tireless crescendos from their throats!
They do not buy commodities
Are not concerned with oddities . . .
They pass their time in grateful praise . . .
Are thankful for the many ways . . .
their faith preserves, sustaining them . . .
through heavy storm or windy whim.
I love the turn and twist and trill
of every bird upon the hill !
They sing hosannahs, though unheard . . .
with faith more eloquent than word . . .
In stormy weather, a bird's refrain
is courage singing in the rain!
A sweet poem....making me hear the songs of birds thank you
ReplyDeleteA sweet poem....making me hear the songs of birds thank you
ReplyDeleteBeautiful poem, Margie!
ReplyDeleteshe imagined that beautifully ... cheering and happy verse for the 1st December.
ReplyDeleteHi Margie,
Have a wonderful day.
Keep warm.
:o)
aww....it makes me wanna be a bird!
ReplyDeleteWe can learn a lot from birds. I enjoy listening to them early in the morning.
ReplyDelete:)
They have wings to fly high and see many things. Birds are colorful, creative and hardworking when it builds its own nest.
ReplyDeleteApprpriate as always, as I look outside and it's raining, yet the birds are still chirpin' away!
ReplyDeleteI hope you're doing great Margie!!!
{{hugs to you}}
Margie, you little doll, this is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi Margie!
ReplyDeleteAmazing singing of birds. This poem is the best! Thanks!
Wishing you GREAT- Love Peace Health!
wonderful....
ReplyDeletehope u have a lovely day
hugs
Yes, those birds are great wonders. Thanks for the poem. have a great day.
ReplyDeleteIlias
Being a bird person myself, I LOVE IT!!! Hope you're staying warm!!
ReplyDeleteAn excellent appreciation of birds, Margie.
ReplyDeletebeautiful, margie!
ReplyDeletelove it as much as i love the birds :)
Your poems always bring a smile to my face Margie! : )
ReplyDeleteSheer inspiration dear Margie.
ReplyDelete(Our seagulls have all gone mainland, to farmers fields to huddle together and survive the
storm...)
Have a grand "chirpie" day
Big Hug
Hey Margie, glad you have recovered enough to be write a cheerful poem:)Birds and spring both are pleasant.
ReplyDeleteBack from my little break:)
as a bird lover, I thoroughly loved this poem... birds love the rain... we used to breed budgies and they loved us spraying them down...
ReplyDeletehave a lovely weekend
lotsa luv ann xxxx
i tot dis was going to be a christmassy post
ReplyDeletei love christmas
its the only time in the year i get to kiss my neighbours wife and u
hi margie
ReplyDeleteis it still snowing?
Margie - I love this poem. I have a new appreciation for birds.
ReplyDeleteMargie - I love this poem. I have a new appreciation for birds.
ReplyDeleteThere are so many things that can be said without words -- very nice!
ReplyDeleteI love the birds tooo margie!!!!
ReplyDeletethere is this little sparrow who sits near my window always, I love staring at it and lately we'v become pretty good friends. I hav named her tweety!
They pass their time in grateful praise . . .
ReplyDeleteNice margie...very nice...warmest greetings
Great one, Margie. Enjoyed it, Hope you are well.
ReplyDelete"They always sing in pairs
ReplyDeleteWith songs that never tires"
May I join ?
:))
Loved the lines :)
ReplyDeletehi margie
ReplyDeleteu can always abbrev. my nickname
p.p.b-fly
u don't have to write a whole thing.:-]
save that snow for me & aurora...
ok?
hugs
luv u
Hi..Margie. Thank you for all your kind thoughts and wishes, for your e cards and post cards,I enjoyed reading them.You are so kind and thoughtful.I love this poem about the Birds.I love birds and love to hear them sing.
ReplyDeleteEvery bird upon the hill is my favorite line.
ReplyDeletethank u margie
ReplyDeletei gotta crush on some cute guy
he's reaally cute....
& aurora she's being a nut...lol
luv u
ReplyDeleteWOW, Margie..that's good!
ReplyDeleteand conicidence or what? There are two birds, chirping, outside my window at this moment!!
Have a great lovely Sunday Margie!
ReplyDeleteI always love your nature poems.
ReplyDeleteHello Margie....How are you???
ReplyDeleteHave been missing you a lot...:)
I'm leaving on vacations..will be back in January...:(
Fantastic poetry...as always...i was missing it like hell..
"My Best" was a great thought.
Byeee n Take care
Hello iamnasara
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!
Love those sweet songs of the birds!
Margie
Hi ash
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!
All your photos are so beautiful!
Margie
Hi trinitystar
ReplyDeleteYou always leave such great comments!
Thanks so much!
I am trying my best to keep warm...
on this verrrrry chilly Sun morn...
but, the sun is shining so brightly!
It will be a beautiful day!
Margie
Hi ekta
ReplyDeleteMe too...if only we had wings!
Take care!
Margie
Hello veronika
ReplyDeleteI love to listen the sweet music of the birds...makes me happy!
Take care!
Margie
Hi priya
ReplyDeleteYou love those little birdies too, huh?
Hope you are doing well!
Take care!
Margie
Hi deb
ReplyDeleteI can hear the chirping of the birds outside my window....right now!
Makes me want to sing!
Thanks...as always deb!
I'm doing great...hope you are too!
((((hugs)))
as always!
Margie
Hi aurora
ReplyDeleteYou are the little doll!
Thanks so much my dear!!
Margie
Hello krystyna
ReplyDeleteYou are so very nice!
Thank you my dear!
Wishing you much love, Peace and health
also...
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Margie
Hi Kai(pp b-fly)
ReplyDeleteThank you sweet girl!
Hugs!
Margie
Hello ilias
ReplyDeleteYes...they are wonderful little creatures..
Thank you!
Have a wonderful day!
Margie
Hi pat
ReplyDeleteI know you are a bird lover too!
Thanks for the kind words!
I'm staying warm pat...
all bundled up on this chilly Sun morn!Take care...
Hope you have a great day!
Margie
Hi blueberry
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Hope your day is wonderful!
Margie
Hi jean-luc
ReplyDeleteThank you!
I do love all those lovely birds!
Hope you have a great day!
Margie
Hi polona
ReplyDeleteAs always...thank you!
Another bird lover in you!
Take care!
Margie
Hi anali
ReplyDeleteHow nice of you to say that!
You are kind...thank you!
Margie
Hello angeldust
ReplyDeleteAlways nice to have you here!
Thanks for the kind words!
Your storm has taken its toll there!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Hugs!
Margie
Hi gel
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Birds are so wonderful...love them too!
Have a very nice day!
Margie
Hello asaha
ReplyDeleteI'm doing great...thank you...all recovered!
Love the beach pics on your post..
and all those wonderful recipes!
Take care1
mARGIE
Hi ann
ReplyDeleteAnother bird lover!!!
So glad you loved my bird poem!
Thanks so much!
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Take care!
Margie
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteHi saby
ReplyDeleteToo early for a Christmas post for me!
Here is a HUG for you!
Margie
Hi pp b-fly girl
ReplyDeleteThe snow has stopped...
It's a WINTER WONDERLAND here!
Margie
Hi barbara
ReplyDeleteThank you!
So glad to know you like my poem!
Take care...don't get too skinny with all that working out on your thredmill!
Margie
Hi andrew
ReplyDeleteyes, so many things that can be said
without words!
Thank you...as always!
Take care!
Margie
Hi preetha
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing that sweet story about the little sparrow..
Say "hi" to Tweety for me!
Have a wonderful day!
The birds are singing here this morn.
Margie
Hi kuan
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Warmest gretings to you also!
Take care!
Margie
Hi don
ReplyDeleteSo glad you enjoyed my bird poem!
Thank you!
I am doing very well...thank you!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Margie
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteHi jac
ReplyDeleteI would love to have you join me!
It's a beautiful day here...and I feel like singing!
Take care!
Margie
Hello marthyan
ReplyDeleteWelcome..
and thank you!
Margie
Hi pp b-fly
ReplyDeleteThere...I got it!
Lots of snow here for you and aurora!
Tell me more about this crush..ok!
Luv and hugs...
Margie
Hi barbara
ReplyDeleteThanks for the return visit!
Hope you are getting lots of comments!
I'll be by later!
Margie
Hi avali
ReplyDeleteThank you!
How wonderful you have those chrippy
birds to listen to...sweet music!
Take care!
Margie
Dear starry
ReplyDeleteIt is so wonderful to have you back!
I am so happy to see you here!
I am very glad to know you like my bird poem...thank you!
Take good care of youself my dear!
Margie
Hi krystyna
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting this morning with those nice wishes for my day!
I hope you'll have a very wonderful sunday!
Take care!
Margie
Hi gautami
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!
And, I always love your poems!
Margie
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteHi sunil
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to see you here this morning!
I have missed you very much...your posts, and your special visits here!
Have a great vacation...
See you in Jan....seems so far away!
Take good care...be safe!
Luv and hugs!
I too love the birds..beautifully written margie.
ReplyDeleteYou never cease to amaze me with your continual output of wonderful and beautiful poems.
It's always an uplifting moment whenever I visit here.
Thank you for your kind comments on my blog.
tc
hi margie
ReplyDeletelike my "adopt me" sign?
i thought it'd be funny & cute
oh this crush
ReplyDeletehe's a blogger
very sweet & cute
he also writes poetry
Margie,
ReplyDeleteYou have been nominated by me to tell 5 things .... read Robs and so forth.
Hi tc
ReplyDeleteAnother bird lover!
Thanks for the kind words!
And, I am always happy to visit you
at your blog!
You are a good story teller!
Take care tc!
Margie
Hi pp b-fly
ReplyDeleteyes...it was fuuny and cute!
Get me a laugh...silly girl...
your mom would miss you!
Your crush is on a blogger..
He sounds very nice!
I'll have to find out more!
Margie
Hi trinitystar
ReplyDeleteI will be by soon to check on this!
Margie
Birds teach me how to fly...even w.o. wings.
ReplyDeleteLovely!
Keshi.
Hi keshi
ReplyDeleteThank you!!!
Margie
We definitely share a passion for the birdsong. Thank you for this beautiful poem.
ReplyDeletehi eileen
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you liked my poem!
Thanks for your kind words!
You are welcome!
Margie
Very sweet and lovely :) The birds on my blog will love you for this :)
ReplyDelete