There are moments in life one never forgets . . .
like the fleeting rainbow's hue
passing you by so swiftly , and yet
their memory is the world to you.
They are the gems we so greatly treasure
hidden away in "Memory's Chest"
perhaps a word spoken in idle leisure
by one you loved the best!
Perhaps it was the touch of a baby's hand
gently playing with your hair
while evening breezes cooled the land
joy and peace was everywhere!
Perhaps 'twas a kiss, just lightly given
without a thought of care
yet to you, it was like a glimpse of heaven
the sweetness lingering forever there!
wow, I'm the first one to comment on this post :)
ReplyDeleteso true, those "little" memories are precious.
It's rainy and dreary here in Boston, but this post just put a smile on my face.
thanks Margie,
Robyn
wooww!!Beautiful! and very true too!
ReplyDeleteam just going to sleep, and what a lovely poem to read before going to dream :D :D
Take Care!!
Helo!
ReplyDelete"Moments we never forget" Momentos que nós nunca esqucemos. Fantastic!
Very good.
Tank you.
Margie, your way of looking at things makes the world a more beautiful place. :) Very nice poem.
ReplyDeleteIt is the smallest of things that can mean so much. As always beautiful Margie!!
ReplyDeleteSo true, Margie! Very well put into words. Sometimes these moments happen and then I tell myself to "take a mental picture".
ReplyDeleteand the moment I met Margie...I can never forget!
ReplyDeleteKeshi.
so true Margie"Perhaps 'twas a kiss, just lightly given
ReplyDeletewithout a thought of care
yet to you, it was like a glimpse of heaven
the sweetness lingering forever there"
have felt that way Margie.
wonderful....
ReplyDelete& thank u
do u wanna join me at my chat box?
Great moments Margie!
ReplyDeleteAh, yes . . . I agree with AA.
ReplyDeleteLovely!~Small things have big impact on daily life.!
ReplyDeleteahhh the memory chest...are the moments in life we never forget..this poem is beautiful..
ReplyDeleteSweet one Margie!
ReplyDeleteHi Margie!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful writing poem!
Good luck to you!
i been married 26 years margie
ReplyDeletebut never once do i recall her having said
i love u saby
then along comes mary a blonde from california
and says i love u saby
before saying bye
can u blame me for wanting to divorce my wife of 26 years to marry mary?
she does it every time
ReplyDeleteand i am not a lovable person
is she kidding me?
ditto aurora! just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! "Memory Chest" is the perfect way to describe a positive memory!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this! Hope all is well over on your end!
xxoo
Robyn, so glad my poem could put a smile on your face!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your nice comment!
Hope the weather is nicer there today!
I liked your last post...very interesting!
Margie
Shammu, thank you!
ReplyDeleteI was glad to know you enjoyed reading my poem just before you going off to dreamland...hope you had beautiful dreams!
Margie
David, nice to have you visit again.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words!
Margie
Aurora, gosh, I am so touched by your wonderful comment...you are so sweet!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Aurora!
I really appreciate your kind words!
Margie
Pat, yes, it is the small things that can mean so very much!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words!
Take care!
Margie
Gudl, it is always nice to have you visit...thanks for your kind comment!
ReplyDeleteTake care!
Margie
Keshi, how sweet of you!
ReplyDeleteYour comment was very touching!
I feel the same way about you!
Thank you!
Margie
Starry, yes...I have felt that way...
ReplyDeleteand still do...
Thanks for your visit!
Take care!
Margie
Kai, thank you!
ReplyDeleteSorry I did not have the time to join you at your chat box yesterday!
I hope I can soon!
Margie
Barbara, thank you!
ReplyDeleteHope all is well, and you did not get the ice storm...I haven't checked your weather yet!
Take care!
Margie
Andrew, thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteHope your hands are better!
Take care!
Margie
Richard, you are so kind to agree with AA...thank you so much!
ReplyDeleteTake care!
Margie
Sunil, thanks for your kind words!
ReplyDeleteYes, it is the small things that very often mean the most!
Take care!
Margie
Carol, I am happy to know you liked my
ReplyDeletepoem.
Thanks for the visit and kind comment!
Take care!
Margie
Ash, thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteGlad you liked it!
Take care!
Margie
Choices, thanks for sharing your thouhgts with me.
ReplyDeleteI agree with all your wonderful words!Take care!
Margie
Krystyna, thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteTake care!
Margie
Saby, never to hear "I love you"
ReplyDeleteFrom your wife after so many years is
sad...but have you told her that you
love her?
But, do you love her?
I hope you will find happiness!
Take care!
Margie
Polona,thanks so very much for your ditto on Aurora...you are so nice!
ReplyDeleteTake care!
Margie
Deb, it is nice to have you back...missed you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words!
I am doing fine, and hope all is well
with you!
Take care!
xoxo
Margie
yes!!smallest things are the ones that linger for a longer time..and it makes you so happy!!! like the time in the beach...when a total stranger has eye contact with you for sometime...the breeze playing with your wind....the waves spalshing in white froth....the piles and piles of white clouds!!the small things that many overlook...they lead u to happiness!!gopod work!!!
ReplyDeleteVinay, thanks for the sharing of the small things that can add joy to your day....loved it!
ReplyDeleteTake care!
Margie
ur evry poem is something i can learn from ...lovely poems margie..
ReplyDeletetc
Shweta, how very sweet of you to say that..thank you so much!
ReplyDeleteMargie
How sweet!!...The sweetness of your poems always lingers in my heart!!
ReplyDeleteloved this one too margie!!!
preetha!
Preetha, and the sweetness of your kind words mean so much!
ReplyDeleteThank you for that!
Margie