Whenever I say
I love you, it may
be that I'm conceding
my own sense of needing
your touch and your nearness
the joy of your dearness
and would have you stay
close by me each day -
I love you means "yes"
I now must confess
without you life's lonely
and barren - for only
the warmth of your giving
in love makes the living
of life full and free
and all it can be -
What promises glean
from what the words mean?
For comfort and sharing
For pleasures and caring
For intimate knowing
A blessed bestowing
The words are a plea:
"I need you for me!"
Another lovely, heartfelt poem! Thank you so much for sharing your great talent, Margie.
ReplyDeleteYou are so kind, Linda.
DeleteThanks so much.
I would make this poem into a prayer. God bless.
ReplyDeleteThanks dear Bonnie for sharing that with me.
DeleteGod bless you.
What a thoughtful poem, so often we say words without thinking what they mean for us. Thank you for inspiring me to think about love today!
ReplyDeleteLisa, how wonderful my poem inspired you to 'think about love'
DeleteYour kind words mean so much, many thanks.
How very lovely.
ReplyDeleteSo glad I found your Blog.
Beautiful poem and thoughts.
Hi Sweet Tea (love your name as I so love sweet tea)
DeleteYou made me smile, thanks so much for the kind words.
I am also glad to have found your blog.
smiles...i hope that need is forever fulfilled...its a strong love to realize that need....
ReplyDeleteit is my wedding anniversary today as well...
Hello Brian,
DeleteI hope you had a wonderful wedding anniversary.
Smiles back ....
Yes, we do have a strong love and I am truly blessed.
Such a beautiful poem. You truly have a gentle soul.
ReplyDeleteHi Martha,
DeleteYour kind words bring me joy.
Thanks so much.
When love happens, one is increased, not just oneself anymore --irrational, frightening, wonderful and true. You express this incomparably well.
ReplyDeleteGeo, it's all that and so much more, love has brought me joy galore.
DeleteThanks so much for the lovely comment.
Beautiful! I am now following you too! Thanks so much for your visit!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Debbie
Hi Debbie
DeleteI so enjoyed visiting your blog and thanks so much for following me back.
Your thoughtful words mean a lot, thank you.
Hugs back to you...
I think through Love he is yours always, as his your family, you wonderful little marvel of a girl so appropriately named Rose, oh are you crying out to a lonely soul...whose love is shy....and quiet, this is so beautiful angel, never doubt that you are loved
ReplyDeleteLorraine,
DeleteI never have any doubts about being loved.
Thanks for the kind words, they brought a smile.
A beautiful "Love Song" it is, Margie...you are loved by many and give your love in return~
ReplyDeleteHugs
xoxoxo
Thanks dear Jan.
DeleteAlways a joy to have you visit.
Many thanks.
Hugs back
xoox
That's the sort of "selfish" love we can all live with. :-) beautiful poem.
ReplyDeleteGreetings from London.
A Cuban In London,
DeleteOh, I liked that comment, so much.
Thanks very much .
That is beautiful and heart-warming.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much, ladyfi.
DeleteSo endearing, so full of Love, Handsome will love you forever...little grouchy moments means he no only loves you, but he is sure of your love, so touching angel
ReplyDeleteLorraine,
DeleteHow sweet of you to leave another comment, thank you.
I was 'the grouchy one' today. LOL
Handsome treats me wonderfully.
xx
This is lovely! Very lyrical. :)
ReplyDeleteMany thanks, Daisy.
DeleteYou made me smile.
Oh this is so beautiful, Margie...my heart is melting...:)) xxx
ReplyDeleteYgraine,
DeleteSuch a lovely comment.
Thanks dear lady.
xxx
My heart is smiling so big!! I love this poem Margie!! Big Hugs ;o)
ReplyDeleteStacy,
DeleteI loved that my poem made your heart smile.
Your sweet words made mine smile too, thank you.
Big Hugs back
Happy Memorial Day Margie! Nice to see a look at your romantic side.
ReplyDeleteHi Rachel,
DeleteAlways so wonderful to see you here.
You are the 'true romantic' so I guess you know another when you see her.
Thanks lovely lady.
So romantic! In Brazil i'ts coming the Valentine's Day, it's in 12th June!
ReplyDeleteI still don't know what I'll buy to my boyfriend... But I'll know!
Have a good week!
Hugs
Hi dear Margie, I am so sorry to hear you were feeling ill. It sounds as if you are feeling better now...I am very glad to hear this. Sending you a warm hug, love and a nice pot of virtual homemade chicken soup.
ReplyDeleteBoa tarde,
ReplyDeleteSuas palavras são meigas com muito amor, seu coração romântico é lindo.
Dia feliz
ag
http://momentosagomes-ag.blogspot.pt/