A sweet magnolia smell reminds me of you
Somewhat like a painting you once drew
Your ivory soft petals ... my heart ... they caress
As your soul went through me
When you were laid to rest
I call for you ... my magnolia friend
When life's path turns dark
Ivory soft petals comfort me ... my mama ... my heart!

so beautiful Margie...your words touch my heart...
ReplyDeleteWhat a colorful picture and love those flowers. Just waiting to see in spring. Lovely.
ReplyDeleteLovely poem and way to remember your mama, Margie.
ReplyDeleteWhen someone you love is no longer here in body, you find ways to bring them back in closer like a scent or a photo. I know you must have had a wonderful mother because she raised a lovely daughter. Hope your knee is healed now, dear friend.
ReplyDeleteI love to enjoy your poetry - always comes straight from the heart to heart.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you!
very sweet and a beautiful way to remember your Mama.
ReplyDeleteTake care.
Have a wonderful, relaxing and fun weekend. Enjoy!
a very touching poem...
ReplyDeleteLove the words,a beautiful way to remember your mother.
ReplyDeleteWe can all remember our mothers with the words of your poem Margie, it is beautiful....:-) Hugs
ReplyDeleteThis was so touching. Beautiful memories, related to your mother through a flower...
ReplyDeleteMagnolias are magnificent as they bloom so early in spring, at least here in Scandinavia.
You have a lovely way with words Margie.
I am wishing you a splendid Friday,
xo
Zuzana
Such Love to your dear mom, poem is extraordinary and I can smell these beauties..
ReplyDeleteps a while back in an old mom and pop shop, I found a beautiful yellow top gowned bottle, and I purchase it for 1 dollar. I then noticed that it said underneath that it was an Avon Bridal Moments ...sweet honesty cologne. I hadn't realised that the top came off, so I opened it carefully and to this day, I can't express the sentiment that brought tears to my eyes, 'cause it smelled exactly like my mom...I loved her so much! so your poem really touched me xxx
ps it made sense too, she did work for Avon before she became a real estate agent, but she always wore that specific cologne...
So sweet of you to pay tribute to ur mother in such a lovely manner!
ReplyDeleteGod bless you!
And thanks for dropping by my blog!
Beautiful magnolias! Lovely poem!
ReplyDeleteI think flowers make good metaphors for someone's character. Some people are obviously big red roses, or sunny daffodiles. So your mother was a magnolia. What a wonderful woman she must have been.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAwwww
ReplyDeletebeautiful words and lovely look on the blog sweetie!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful post Margie..:))
ReplyDeleteGod bless you dear friend.. :))
Love,
Sam..
so beautiful....
ReplyDeleteI'm waiting patiently to smell spring....
so sweet dear Margie... as always...
ReplyDelete(hugs)
The Magnolia flower's delicate beauty and fragrance are indeed comforting like Mother's love.
ReplyDeleteNot only the flowers, also the leaves and the bark of the tree do us good.
Very good choice Margie, to mention Magnolia and your mother in one breath.
Sweet and beautiful magnolia is my favorite. Nice poem Margie!
ReplyDeletewonderful tribute to a lovely mother, like you!
ReplyDelete;)
This is so beautiful Margie!
ReplyDeleteI don't think there's a more beautiful tree than the magnolia and it's a perfect comparison to our mothers.
A wonderful trubite to all mothers.
Thank you Margie, take care, hugs..
why have i sudddenly gone sad? very touching piece.
ReplyDeleteVery lovely Margie. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely Beautiful, Margie!...As ALWAYS!! ;-) xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteMargie! This is so pretty! and words as usual are touching!
ReplyDeleteThere is something so utterly Southern about the magnolia. And there is nothing more sweetly Southern than the love of mother. I really liked this poem, Margie.
ReplyDeletei love that term magnolia friend :)
ReplyDeleteI wish you a very good weekend.
ReplyDeleteAlso I will add your blog to my
friend section.I hope there is no
problem.
Best wishes
sigghhhhh
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful and I know she hears you Margie :D
ReplyDeleteMagnolias do bring on memories of days gone by... they do have that ability
ReplyDelete♡
Hi Margie,
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping by and reading my poetry. I try to make time to get around and read other work but sometimes life is a bit hectic. But I enjoy stopping in to see what you have.
Rachelo
smell is the gift of rememberance - it cuts to the memory immediate
ReplyDelete@Margie :
ReplyDeleteNice words. Good read. :)
Tc.
Regards,
Ravi.
(http://j-ravi.blogspot.com)
Margie I love the smell of certain things because of the memories they hold. So wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHello Margie,
ReplyDeleteWhat a very beautiful poem about your mom.
I love magnolias and I have yet to see mine bloom this year.
I have 4 in my yard.
Wishing you a wonderful evening!!!!
Lydia
Yes, maybe it is true that the proboscis holds more in memory than the brain. I know mine does--grin!
ReplyDeletePEACE!
Hi Margie, I know you are enjoying your latest trip. I just dropped by to tell you I am sending a huge Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, and yes, don't forget to wear green today. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteSo perfect for Mothering Sunday that has just been celebrated in the UK.
ReplyDeleteMy mother was just like the delicate flowers of the Magnolia tree and not a day goes by without me missing her, our family home was in a road called Magnolia Dene so you can imagine there were many of these beautiful trees planted there.
A perfect poem x
beautiful words with a beautiful pic :)..
ReplyDeleteurs..hemu..
Dear readers and friends ...
ReplyDeleteI'm so very appreciative for all the wonderful comments.
Thank you all so much!
I've been on a trip for a week and just got home last night and have so much to get caught up on!
I do intend to reply to everyone that left me a comment but it will have to wait for a little while.
Hope everyone is well and happy!
Life is just so wonderful, isn't it?
Enjoy the beauty and miracles that each day brings us!
Margie :)
xo
Beautiful words. A touching tribute.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind words on my blog. It was a hard descision but one I had to make.
Hello once again dear people!
ReplyDeleteMy intention was to reply to each one of you separately but alas, I find I just don't have the time.
I'm away from home till Wednesday and taking care of a dear little lady!
She is my friend's mom, her name is Claudia and she's 89 years young!
She has alzheimer's but it's a joy to be with her and she makes me laugh!
We play cards together and I read to her, have been reading her some of my poetry and she says to me "oh my, you are so smart to write that way"
That really makes my day!
So, I will just say thank you, thank you so much to ...
Sarah
Priya
Wanda
TechoBabe
Krystyna
Anne
Ariel(Susan)
Starry
Bernie
Zuzana
Lorraine
Smita
Children with out Voices
Shayla
Symphony of Love
Kai
La Dolce Vita(Cat)
Sam
Beth
Joanne
Duta
Philip
Dulce
Margaret
Kay
JBR
Jon
Neers
Rick
Jessie
Aslan
Bwana
Shionge
Alicia
Rachel
Larry
Ravi
Adie
Lydia
Steve
TechoBabe, 2nd visit, thanks dear!
Susie
Hemu and
Glynis ...
Your comments meant a great deal to me and I am grateful for all of them and grateful to know all of you!
Joy and blessings to all of you!
-Margie
xo
Oops...we donn have such things here in Pune, Maharashtra, India. So sad.
ReplyDeleteWhat a colorful picture and love those flowers. Just waiting to see in spring. Lovely.
ReplyDeletehome based data entry
love that linking of mama and magnolia...moms are so cool...smiles.
ReplyDelete