Thursday, June 15, 2006

An EPITAPH FOR MY FRIEND

My friend Mary that died last week was such a sweet, caring and unassuming person.
I always so enjoyed being with her.
This poem is for her.

An Epitaph for my Friend

Her grammar was not always right
Nor did she dress in fashion's height...
She travelled little, and not so much she read
Perhaps she was more heart than head.

But kindness glorifed her powers
Rare deeds of giving filled her hours...
And what a friend she will be
To angels through Eternity!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. My dear, I can feel your sorrow. The sadness that you are feeling now is immense. I'm glad you are keeping busy. Do know that you are not alone. Take care! Your poetry says so much! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend must of been very natural. These people tend to be the most understanding, natural and honest ones in the world. They are great friends....

    ReplyDelete
  3. True friends speak from the heart. It sounds like Mary was just that. She will always have a special place in your heart forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always in my heart... now and forever. My friend was a true "GEM"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi margie...

    this one is so lovely and heartfelt.

    you are a very good friend to mary and i guess she was one so lucky to have you ...not very many people will have a friend who takes time and make a poem for him/her...cuz to come up with a poem, one's heart must be full of FEELINGS towards that person or towards that event...

    ReplyDelete

Each day comes
bearing its own gifts ...
Untie the ribbons.

-Ruth Ann Schabacker