Monday, June 26, 2006

REMEMBERING YOU

There are times when we remember those days of a long time ago
when we were young and loved another.
We all have had broken hearts and broken dreams.
I wrote this as I recalled a special love from many years in my past.

REMEMBERING YOU

Remembering those days
of long ago...
when our love was so real
and my heart danced with a pure inner glow.

We laughed
we danced...
we loved
life was true romance

My love for you
was so full of passion...
you were my perfect love
a soul full of beauty and compassion.

I remember it all
like it was yesterday...
and I'm now wondering
my lost love... where are you today?

Today I am happy
my life is blessed and good...
I would like you to know that
if only I could.

Sometimes I reach out for you
but only in my dreams...
you are the past
those days of broken hearts... it was not what it seemed.

I hope your life
is good and well...
I loved you...why did you go?
to you... those words I want to tell !

11 comments:

  1. this is beautiful.
    You have many beautiful writings here, I've enjoyed reading them.

    Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so beautiful and moving. It made me think of a lost love. Where is he now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how easy you make this seem. You're really talented. Have you ever been published?

    ReplyDelete
  4. choices,
    I do believe my poem could
    make many people think of a
    lost love. We have certain
    things in our lives that
    trigger us to remember loves
    of our past. Now, I am very
    happily married... but,my
    daughter shared something
    with me about a past love
    of hers... and, here I am
    writing this love poem.
    Life is full of surprises!
    But, I am glad I wrote and
    shared this poem....
    .... as, I do like this poem
    very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. top cat,
    thanks for visiting my blog...
    and thanks for the kind words.
    I will come by and visit you
    again... you please do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. kathi,
    Thanks for stopping by again.
    always happy to see you here.
    Thank you for the kind words.
    I once had a poem published in a
    very small newspaper in Florida
    ... many years ago.
    It was a bit strange to write
    this poem... it all came to
    me completely out of the blue.
    I do like it though... and,
    I am an old... (well... not
    that "old")married lady.
    I love to read and write poetry
    ... and, have not had any real
    interest in publishing.
    Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all of the poetry, you have a lot of love to share.
    I especially like this one which reminds me of my own high school sweet heart. And I've been dreaming of her recently as well. Your poem echoes my sentiments about her. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve,
    Thanks for the kind words!
    Dreams can be very powerful.
    They bring deep feelings to the
    center of our being.
    This poem just came to me
    out of the blue from a dream.
    I like this poem a lot... if
    I might be allowed to praise
    my own work. Oh... guess
    that is ok to do... once in
    a while. We have to be kind to
    ourselves also.

    ReplyDelete

Each day comes
bearing its own gifts ...
Untie the ribbons.

-Ruth Ann Schabacker