Monday, June 26, 2006

WHERE THE HEART IS WILLING

It was a most beautiful day here in Colorado.
We finally had some rain... I walked in the rain just to feel how the coldness of it
added warmth to my day. We have not had any rain in the longest time.
My son and husband returned home from a trip they had been on since Wednesday.
All in all... a wonderful day for me.
Now... a poem to share...

WHERE THE HEART IS WILLING

Where the heart is willing
it will find a thousand
ways to grow.
Where it is unwilling
it will find
a thousand excuses.

I have my own way
of doing things.
I can watch and learn from
others
but when it comes down to the actual
doing
I have to apply
my own personal
touch.

Whatever I put my heart in
reserving
not even the smallest bit
I shall succeed.

When I move forward
willingly
I grow
enormously.

When I don't really
want something
I find excuses
to keep from it.

The decision is always
up to me
individually
personally
spiritually-lovingly!

20 comments:

  1. I agree. Just beautiful. The heart is a very strong part of us. I can relate to this poem. Your poems always make me think about life.
    Thanks once again, for sharing your beautiful poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice thoughts...

    glad to hear it rained.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I can relate to that. thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me, you're speaking about the kind of willingness that's an openess to the possibility of change. You don't necessarily or really pretty much ever have "the answer" ahead of time, but if you're willing to grow and change - well, it's that old, "where there's a will there's a way" thing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. talking of rains, it has been raining cats and dogs in this part of the world too!! we r having the monsoons, and we got to see nature's fury at its worst, last week! it hs reduced ever since, to a drizzle every now and then, the last couple of days.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where the heart leads...great poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for stopping by my blog.
    this is an inspiring poem, as are most of the others here. enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. kai,
    Thank you,
    Hope you visit me again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. choices,
    Thanks so very much for your
    very kind and generous
    comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. silent one,
    Always haapy to see you here.
    Thanks for visiting and for
    nice words. I am very happy
    for the rain we had here.
    Visit me again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. t... Thanks for stopping by
    I enjoyed visiting your site.
    I will visit you again.
    Glad you liked my poem
    ....and could relate to it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. darius,
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Your words carried volumes
    of meaning... You are very
    insightful. I will be by
    your blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. velu... thanks for visiting my blog. Monsoon time can be very
    rough. Visit me again.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. pat... Thanks for stopping by.
    Thank you for the nice
    words.I will come by to see
    you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. polona,
    And thank you for coming by
    to visit my blog.
    Always nice to share, and
    know we might have added a
    something to another's day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. kuan gung,
    Thank you.
    And, thanks for stopping
    by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Each day comes
bearing its own gifts ...
Untie the ribbons.

-Ruth Ann Schabacker