Sunday, July 09, 2006

MY CAT

I was feeling so very, very sad
about my friend Mary that died
I wrote a poem about how I felt
but I will not share it
too sad for anyone
but me.

Must be the Sunday morning blues
everyone is gone
needed somoeone
and there she was
my cat.
(Ever since my dog died last year... my cat is always there next to me)

I wrote this poem about her.

MY CAT!

I love my cat
black and white
and a little
fat!

She seems to follow me
wherever I go
she makes me happy
I love her so!

She sleeps in my bed
sometimes next to my head
I hear her purr in my ear
she is sweet and
gives me cheer!

But if she nibbles
on my toes
I say "ouch!"
not does!

Smokey is my friend
till the very end
on her pretty little head
as she lies on my bed
I will plant a little kiss
my sweet cat... pure bliss!

I want to stay in bed
too early to start the day
but Smokey needs to be fed
she makes me happy... so it's ok!

16 comments:

  1. thank u...

    u know i have a little chatbox so u can talk to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww, cute & beautiful post! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With 3 kitties, I know exactly what you mean. Wonderful tribute and a nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love cats, though i don't have one.
    this is so very nice!
    (hope you feel better)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cat sounds just like my cat in the things that she does. My cat isn't white, black and fat. He is black and fat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. kai,
    aww... thanks sweetie.
    Do you like cats too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. jon,
    Thanks so very much for the kind
    words. I do appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. kai,
    I did say "hi" to my cat...
    just from you. I think she
    was happy for the "hi" from
    such a sweetie like you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. don,
    Thanks. I love my cat, and she
    is always so nice to me....
    she deserved a poem.
    3 kitties... you too like cats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. polona,
    Thanks.
    You should get a cat.
    Mine at times thinks she is
    a dog... I think.
    She likes to be close to me.
    My dog and her were great
    friends. Now that my dog is
    gone Smokey stays close by.
    It is so special to me.
    I do love mt cat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. choices,
    Fat and black...
    but, do you love your cat?
    I am kidding you... of-course
    I just could not resist that
    rhyme. I know you love
    your cat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are right, samuru, I do love my cat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
    »

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
    »

    ReplyDelete

Each day comes
bearing its own gifts ...
Untie the ribbons.

-Ruth Ann Schabacker