Wednesday, July 12, 2006

QUOTES

It was kind of strange....
My blog was missing for a while...
I went to post a few quotes... and blank... nothing there....
Hope it doesn't happen again...

I should be doing things to get ready for my trip...
Well.... this will just take a few minutes...

Anyway.... here are the quotes....

When you carry out
acts of kindness
you get
a wonderful feeling
inside.
It is as though
something inside your body
responds
and says.... yes
this is how
I ought to feel!
-Harold Kushner

It is one of the most
beautiful compensations
of life
that no man can
sincerely try to help another
without
helping himself
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

The most I can do for my friend
is simply be his friend.
I have no wealth to bestow upon him,
If he knows that I am happy in loving him
he will want no other reward.
-Henry David Thoreau

Often with the poorest people
you cannot completely
alleviate their problem
but by being with them
whatever you can do for them
makes a difference.
-Brother Geoff
The Missionary of Charity Brothers

Those are a few of some of my favorite quotes.
Take care everyone .
Margie

17 comments:

  1. I like those too! Blogger has done that to me too sometimes. I'm always afraid it'll all be gone, but it always comes back.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quote back at ye:
    "The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."
    By Harper Lee

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. kathi,
    I have many, many favorite
    quotes... like these a lot.
    You do too... I figured you
    would.
    Yeah... so weird not to have
    a blog for a while... but it
    came back.
    Take care.
    HUGGGGGGZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. goatman,
    Thanks for visiting and leaving
    that great quote.
    I visited your blog and saw
    those precious ducks. How
    they have grown in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are acts that have eternal implications...great virtues...these are things that return to us...thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. The greatest reward is the acts of kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kuan,
    Kindness has its own reward!
    Kindness
    Let us help our
    fellow man
    when conveniently
    we can
    How smoothly all the
    world might run
    if we were kind to
    everyone!
    -Margie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. starry,
    Yes... kindness is its
    own reward.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful quotes. They all touch your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. blogger does that sometimes...

    beautiful quotes, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. polona,
    Thank you... always happy
    to share!
    I was mad at that blogger
    yesterday.
    There was no blog for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

    ReplyDelete

Each day comes
bearing its own gifts ...
Untie the ribbons.

-Ruth Ann Schabacker