Wednesday, July 12, 2006

MYSELF

I choose to be my own best friend
A person I can trust.

I must develop within me
A being strong and just.

Who else can always be on hand
As no one else on earth
To understand and guide
Or share a secret mirth.

I cannot hope to change the ways
Of any living soul
Myself alone can I remold
To fit my destined role.

I take what others choose to give
And never ask for more
Whatever they might give to me
I shall welcome at my door.

I need to know I am the one
On whom I can depend
Then I am worthy to become
Another person's friend.

15 comments:

  1. So true...and so well said. Nice one Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, in order to be a good friend, it is so important to like ourselves. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one...
    Here is an unknown proverb..
    "I talk to myself because I like dealing with a better class of people"

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. choices,
    Thanks.
    I am so glad you are my
    friend... I will be so
    happy when I see you again.
    Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ari4u,
    thanks so much!
    I love that proverb
    "I talk to myself because I
    like dealing with a better
    class of people"
    Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Abraham Maslow would have loved this!
    Oh to be self actualised.

    Very ZEN and well writTEN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. homo escapeons,
    Oh... thanks so much for
    those kind words!
    Abraham Maslow was amazing!
    He died way too young... only
    62.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im glad you liked it Margie. Have fun in NS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ari4u,
    Thanks!
    I hope to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

    ReplyDelete

Each day comes
bearing its own gifts ...
Untie the ribbons.

-Ruth Ann Schabacker